Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugoos AM1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on other p200_2G devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on other p200_2G devices?

It looks like the Ugoos AM1 uses a p200_2G board. I'm basing this on the build.prop from older AM1 Lollipop firmwares that mention p200_2G. (The newer Marshmallow firmware's build.prop no longer mention p200_2G, but just AM1 instead.)

I have a Beelink Mini MX-G that also uses a p200_2G board. According to Guest's Official list of Amlogic reference boards, the reference board is the main characteristic that determines compatibility. So, would the Ugoos AM1 Marshmallow firmware work on the Beelink Mini MX-G?

On the surface, the devices appear similar: p200_2G board, S905, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage. However, they do have different wireless chipsets: AM1's AP6335 vs. Mini MX-G's AP6330. But, I'm hoping the AM1's firmware might have the necessary pieces to support the AP6330 because its sister product, AM2, uses the AP6330, and the Marshmallow firmwares for both AM1 and AM2 were released together (http://ugoos.net/blog/s905-marsmallo...ugoos-settings). Wishful thinking, perhaps?

Has anyone tried this already? I'm willing to give it a shot, as long as someone in the know can provide reasonable assurance that I should be able to easily recover by restoring my original firmware using AMLogic's USB Burning Tool. (Sorry, I'm new at this. I don't want to permanently brick my device.)

Thanks.
    Last edited by clifforama; 10-23-2017, 15:51.

Came across this post where RISCy Dude reports using AM1's Marshmallow firmware on his S95 Meta with working WiFi/BT. And if I'm not mistaken, the S95 Meta uses the AP6330. So, that sounds promising!

Comment

I decided to take the plunge. So far, it seems like a success!
      • WiFi works (using 802.11n 5GHz).
      • Ethernet works.
      • Bluetooth untested.
      • Remote works with the "RC v.1" setting (under Ugoos Settings > Remote Controller).
      First boot took some time, but I think that's typical for a first boot. There was a period during which the screen remained black, but eventually it came back. (Not sure if black screen was related to below.)

I should mention that after choosing a launcher (I was prompted for it after booting; I chose Ugoos' launcher), I saw the home screen briefly, but then everything went black. Rarely, the home screen would flicker into appearance, but then go black again. Unplugging then re-plugging the HDMI cable fixed it. I then went to display settings and set resolution to 1080p-60hz, which also turns off "Auto switch to best resolution." (Before this, it was auto-set to 4k2k-30hz which my display does support, but maybe it's buggy).

One quirk I noticed with the remote is that the mouse toggle button behaves as recents button, instead. But, I have a wireless keyboard with touchpad that I use if/when I need a mouse. So this is a non-issue for me.

Another quirk is that the front LED no longer lights up. Not a big deal (some might even consider it a plus), but if anyone has any suggestions on how I might rectify this, I'd appreciate it.

Bottom line: I now have Ugoos AM1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware working on my Beelink Mini MX-G without any modification. I just flashed it with Amlogic's USB Burning Tool.

Comment

clifforama Good to see.

Risk has it's rewards.
        Good job.

Comment

Thanks RISCy Dude.

One small correction to my observations: The front LED does work, but it's reversed. It lights up in off/standby mode, goes dark when on.

Comment

Working...
          X