Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help -- Set top Box from SDMC (most likely DV7819 based on S812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help -- Set top Box from SDMC (most likely DV7819 based on S812)

Greetings to all !
    I am new to this field of playing around with the TV box, hence forgive my basic questions..

I got the set top box for internet streaming from my provider Lebara Play. It contains no specifications, except the company name: SDMC. From the SDMC website, I found following pics and datasheet which looks like my box(different colour of housing).

We can offer you high-demand Amlogic S905X3 Quad Core 4K Android TV Box With AI Proccessor, which is specially designed for your machine. Don't hesitate to purchase our high-quality and high performance DV8819 Amlogic S905X3 Quad Core 4K Android TV Box With AI Proccessor.

Attached is the manual, that I found online.

Currently, box boots and starts up Lebara Play application. My contract with Lebara has expired and I would like to reuse the box, as a streaming media player. Is there any way to install standard Android on it and reuse it?

I tried booting the box with the "reset" button pressed. It boots to Android recovery screen, but none of the options allows me to access the Android UI directly.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Attached Files

Hello, I'm also interested in the same situation.

The provider assured a year subscription with device purchase, but never favored. Not planning to pay them again & just thought will re-utilize the box for any streaming if possible before considering it as a paper weight, It reads the following numbers in the board:
    MS - M1 E198407
    DV6819 - V3
    FCC ID: 2AFC2-STB-1HD

Attaching a picture of the board:

The device shows 4GB blank drive and recognizes as dv6800 when connected to PC through USB.

thanks in advance for any help!
    Attached Files

Comment

Found another thread where Wifi chipset was requested to point out to any matching firmware. I verified and its RTL8188ETV. I couldn't take a picture, probably will see if the camera can catch it in broad daylight.

Comment

Working...
      X