Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCISHION V88 Piano TV Box - RK3328 4GB RAM + 16GB ROM Android 7.1 USB 3.0 Fast lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joejoe123 View Post
    Guys why can't I install a f
    different launcher, nova etc all fail and I can't uninstall mbox. Also any way to get an upper or lower bar. It's miserable without it
    It makes it difficult to navigate without the upper and lower bars.
    i installed an app called "Virtual Soft Keys" and it provided the lower bar.
    Most of the launchers i installed crashed on this box except "JakedUp.AppDrawer".

Comment

Please can someone tell us how to reinstall the firmware on that box.
      Is there any process which works via recovery ?
      Where can we find the latest working firmware ?

I have tried some methods with no results.

The box is stucking at android logo

Comment

http://www.scishiontvbox.com/scishion-tv-box-firmware does not seem to have firmware for V88 Piano. I'd also like to know if anyone knows where to get either stock or custom firmware for this device.

Comment

Originally posted by santong7
          Please can someone tell us how to reinstall the firmware on that box.
          Is there any process which works via recovery ?
          Where can we find the latest working firmware ?

I have tried some methods with no results.

The box is stucking at android logo
          Actually I installed the supersu binary and after reboot the box is stuck on the logo. Is there any way to remove the modification via recovery or adb?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by santong7 View Post
            Actually I installed the supersu binary and after reboot the box is stuck on the logo. Is there any way to remove the modification via recovery or adb?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
            SuperSU only works on the MVR9 RK3328 device after I spent weeks fixing it.
            If you update the su binary on any other RK3328 device, you will cause a bootloop and brick your device.
            You have to flash the stock firmware back from a PC with AndroidTool to get it booting again.
            I hoe you find the stock firmware otherwise you have a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by changonc View Post
              Hi, I just got this firmware from Gearbest, it was in baidu but I have uploaded to Mega.

https://mega.nz/#!Jxk3SZjT!HrHIwqlu-...D3H7oopWwSonHM

Thanks!!

Thank you changonc this firmware resurrected my bricked box, just installed it by using RockChip_Batch_Tool_v1.8 and DriverAssitant_v4.4 and it is up and running.

Install Guide
              I installed the DriverAssistant_v4.4
              Then executed the RockChip_Batch_Tool_v1.8
              Loaded the firmware bin file downloaded from changonc's post
              rk3328_7.1_box_RX4_SSV6051P_tongwang_RKMC-update_20171228.bin

Then connected the box with a usb cable Male A to Male A, on the box's usb port which is located close to the piano keys (it is the one on the edge and not the blue)
              The moment that it connects with the usb it switches on.
              Immediately I pressed the reset button and keep it pressed until the box 1 in RockChip Batch Tool turned yellow.
              Then I pressed the upgrade button.
              The procedure started, and the first time it ended with an error.
              Then I repeated the same procedure and it finished successfully.
              After I disconnected it and connected it to the TV, and it started loading.
              Be very patient when you will see the Android boot logo after flashing, it can take about 10-15 mins to load the android the first time.

The strange thing is that on android settings in the about version with this firmware, the box now is described as V88_piano, in comparison with trebor's screenshot in the first page post number 12.
              Last edited by santong7; 04-15-2018, 00:18.

Comment

I have an official subscribed tv service and their ip tv app needs the box to be unrooted in order to work.
                Has someone managed to unroot this box ?

Comment

http://www.scishiontvbox.com/firmwar...-piano-tv-box/ page shows that there is a new firmware for this device. i see "Firmware for this model can be downloaded here." message, but downloaded here is not a link and i can't click it to download the firmware :-(

Comment

I bought this product but only with the red LED on, I tried to reset it on the PC, it was not possible, does anyone know how to make the short on the card to read on the PC? because when I call pc it does not recognize. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by furiati View Post
                      I bought this product but only with the red LED on, I tried to reset it on the PC, it was not possible, does anyone know how to make the short on the card to read on the PC? because when I call pc it does not recognize. Thanks
                      Have you tried the procedure in #36?

Comment

I tried the #36 procedure, but it was not possible

Comment

I tried the #36 procedure, but it was not possible
                          Strange, it should work unless the hardware is physically damaged.

Maybe it is not sufficiently clear in #36 that you must not connect the power adapter: the box must be powered by the USB connection with the PC.
                          Also you must use the correct USB port and a good male to male USB A cable (they are fairly rare).

Otherwise please give more details of what went wrong when you tried the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by segv View Post

Strange, it should work unless the hardware is physically damaged.

Maybe it is not sufficiently clear in #36 that you must not connect the power adapter: the box must be powered by the USB connection with the PC.
                            Also you must use the correct USB port and a good male to male USB A cable (they are fairly rare).

Otherwise please give more details of what went wrong when you tried the procedure.
                            I did exactly the same procedure # 36, USB cable running normally, I used the port opposite to USB 3.0, I did not connect the power cable, only USB, when I do all the procedures the computer does not recognize, and as if nothing was connected in the computer

Comment

I did exactly the same procedure # 36, USB cable running normally, I used the port opposite to USB 3.0, I did not connect the power cable, only USB, when I do all the procedures the computer does not recognize, and as if nothing was connected in the computer
                              I am afraid that, if you have followed the procedure and the PC sees nothing on the USB port, there is probably a hardware problem.
                              I assume that the PC is OK and that you have checked the USB cable.

You could try connecting a serial console via a USB to serial adapter to see if there is any output.
                              The serial port runs at the unusual speed of 1.5 Mbaud (1500000,8,N,1).

Otherwise perhaps somebody else with more experience can help you.

Comment

Does anyone please know which pins to short on V88 Piano? Mine just has a red light and won't do anything by trying to reset it and PC won't recognize it. Here is a photo of it. Any help is much appreciated.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X