Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I erase and upgrade an POV HDMITV stick RK3066 from Android 4.1.1 to Android 5.X.X to run Kodi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I erase and upgrade an POV HDMITV stick RK3066 from Android 4.1.1 to Android 5.X.X to run Kodi?

First post - newbee here...

I bought a point of view HDMI SMARTTV (TV-HDMI-KB-01) Dongle with a RK3066 ROM running Android 4.1.1

However I want to use it to run Kodi but I'm told Kodi needs Android 5.X.X and above

Hence can I erase this ROM and upgrade it to Android 5.X.X in order to run Kodi?

Thanks!
    RomDumb

Hmm... I think No...its a really old chip
    My advice...this month are alot of price discounts at Gearbest, Geekbuying, Banggoods, ect
    Then buy a cheap amlogic with libreelec or freaktab support
    Or join the freaktab giveaway you might get lucky and win a free Android tvbox

Comment

20 dollar 905w still 20 times faster then those lol
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thank you Mitchell4You and Scooter2014 - I think I was half asleep when I bought this dongle and didn't do my homework at all!

One last chance for it maybe is that I read somewhere that if I can upgrade to Android 4.4.2 then this can run Kodi, although I may run across issues with the wifi as most use an AP make for the wifi but I have Realtex.

Any suggestions here for a last chance saloon are welcome.

Thanks
        RomDumb

Comment

Working...
        X