MXV+ S905 Firmware Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXV+ S905 Firmware Upgrade?

I've had this MXV+ TV Box (from Gearbest) for about a year now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	201512092018404889.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	683134
    Never really been impressed with the performance and level of bugs that the unit has overall.

Tried to find a way to enable the navigation bar/soft keys at the bottom of the screen but that appears to be an issue with many of the S905 based boxes?

I've downloaded a few firmware options in .zip format which extract to .img. If I try to mount any of these images in Windows they give an error message saying the image is corrupted.

This is one source:

Here is another

Both give the error message but this might not be due to a problem with the image?

Anybody else on here used this TV Box and got any tips to make it more reliable?

No feedback on upgrading the ROM?

Comment

Well I've now flash upgraded the firmware with the .img using Amlogic USB Burning tool from here:

Couldn't get version 2.0.8 to work at all.

Made a homemade "male to male" cable from two old phone charger cables.
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Link didn't work and each time I delete the link it says please enter a valid link...WTF?

Had to use version 2.0.9 as 2.0.8 would not flash the firmware for me using Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
        X