ROM Backup before you start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROM Backup before you start

Okay - not trying to hijack this - but simple question? Before I flash this on a new box - how do I back up the current ROM? I booted with the toothpick and can get to that screen but there is no backup option. Inside the current ROM I have gone through a backup - but I have a suspicion that is not the "just in case" backup that I am looking for. Sorry for the question but hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Ok please - can someone point me in the right direction?

I downloaded TWRP. Poked around there - but didn't see the easy answer.
    I can boot into the standard Android recovery environment - but no backup
    I have run the "Backup" inside Android but when I go into the other box and try to "Restore" it takes only about 10 seconds and nothing really happens
    I can boot into the USB Burn tool and write a new ROM.

I just want some more tips on backing up and copying saved backups to a new box.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by VoidnWarranties View Post
      Ok please - can someone point me in the right direction?

I downloaded TWRP. Poked around there - but didn't see the easy answer.
      I can boot into the standard Android recovery environment - but no backup
      I have run the "Backup" inside Android but when I go into the other box and try to "Restore" it takes only about 10 seconds and nothing really happens
      I can boot into the USB Burn tool and write a new ROM.

I just want some more tips on backing up and copying saved backups to a new box.

Thanks in advance
      Hi ,

looks like you ask before somewhere else , if , please give Link , if needed i can

move them together ,

so you want to restore the Backup of the One on the other , do you have root ??? ,

are the Boxes the same ??? do you have TWRP ??? installing did not work ??? ,

is it a .img or .zip File ??? , please answer to guide you the right Way , hopefully .

TWRP is not the only Way to do .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi - I can answer my own question here now. The missing steps for TWRP that I couldn't find are all in this video
        Today Scott walks through how to boot TWRP on an Amlogic S912 TV box and goes over the basics of TWRP, how to make a Nandroid backup, how to restore it, how ...

Simple really - just couldn't find it.

Now I can boot to TWRP and made a full backup. Hopefully I won't need it but feels good just to have it.

Instructions and various versions of TWRP are here in Freaktab: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mlogic-devices

And yes - I did post this same question here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...529#post683529

Maybe just delete that one?

Thanks,
        Last edited by VoidnWarranties; 11-21-2017, 00:57.

Comment

Working...
        X