Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M96x note box , cannot boot recovery, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M96x note box , cannot boot recovery, please help!

I have just picked up an M96x note tv box running android 6.01. It has 2gb ram 16gb rom and runs very smooth/fast.

despite it having HDMI self adaption enabled, and frame rate switching enabled in Kodi, it does not switch frame rate.

Im not sure if it is rebadged and known by other names. It looks like this here
    https://www.tvc-mall.com/details/m96...84100183d.html

i have managed to boot libreelec using the standard 2gb dtb file and that can switch frame rate Ok, but I’d like to stick with android as it seems to run fast.

Does anyone else have this box? I cannot find any ROMS for it.
    Last edited by crunchie; 11-17-2017, 10:21.

I have just tried to boot s905x recovery image from an SD card and USB stick.

i renamed the file to recovery.img and then used toothpick method but nothing is showing on the screen. it just stays black.

Am i doing something wrong?

Comment

Looks like noone else has this box, but for reference, i managed to backup the stock recovery using Flashify ( as the box is rooted) but I cannot get the stock recovery to boot from SD CARD or USB either.

Can someone please advise how I might determine why it wont even boot the stock recovery from SDcard? My main goal is to install TWRP and backup the Stock ROM.

Considering I have managed to extract the boot and recovery images, can these be used to see why it wont boot?
      Last edited by crunchie; 11-17-2017, 12:32.

Comment

I have the same issue on Mini M8S III. No any way to boot from SD/USB. I tried the toothpick approach, "reboot update" in terminal, nothing. Maximum I get a black screen only.

Comment

hi,

i have a different box x96 mini, that stop working. The problem was that i installed Super SU and boom stoped working. But its fixed now.
          I´ve tried using sd card but nothing, doesnt work that way. so i used a program for Amlogic chipset. Worked Fine to me.

The program that i used is on this link https://mega.nz/#!9JRVXY5A!1Nsz2O953...zdV7fXt3WNoAUA

used a usb cable 2.0 (A - A) to connect the pc to the box.

P.S. - Im not responseble for any damage to box. try it on your own risk.

Comment

Same issue here.I think that problem is that manufacturer use another reset input than others. If you flash incompatible img, you can't not reset any more and can't flash via USB > you must use shor pins (see attached picture).
            If you have incompatible ROM the only way to boot in revovery is start android, install some Reboot apk (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.tools.reboot) and reboot into recovery - unfortunatelly you need root for this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X