X7 latest ROM bug report and asks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X7 latest ROM bug report and asks

Minix, here is what I am seeing using the new firmware.

1) I do not like the blank screen on initial boot! I think this will cause you issues with users not knowing what is going on! It takes a LONG time to see the MINIX boot animation. I myself thought I was in a boot loop and unplugged it only to find that the unit did IT'S OWN Factory reset and erased everything
    You need to have a kernel and boot.img image to at least let users know what is going on. The long blank screen is misleading.

2) PLEASE put in the "pinch to zoom" with the mouse wheel like the X5 ROM. Users love that as Google Maps or Google Earth is useless without it!

3) Of course multi-channel audio please!

4) Is there a reason /system is so tight that you cannot even push an APK to root it (no space left on system)? Make that a little larger for those that just want to root your stock ROM via ADB.

5) As you know there is something odd with reboots and causing factory reset. I think this is related to the factory reset bug!

This is what I have so far.

I will report honest and straight up issues.

But can I just say, GOOD JOB! Best stock ROM from ANY RK quad core TV player I have seen yet!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

X7 Netflix issue

One issue that I've been meaning to ask about is Netfilx. Netfilx on the X7 with finless 1.4 1080 air kernel won't start for me. It just stops at the login screen. I didn't even test it before my review I just took it for granite that it would work. Anyway, the bigger issue is that netflix always seems to have low resolution on Android devices. No mater what I do I think its in 480 mode on and Android mini PC. Is there a fix for this? If so I will spread the word.

Thanks so much,
    Rivers

Comment

MINIX - PLEASE ADD "pinch to zoom" with the mouse wheel!

MINIX, I get asked this 100 times a day for the X7.

Please add the pinch to zoom feature like your 4.1.1 X5 ROM!

I tried to port the code to 4.2.2 but no go!

People want it and they want it bad!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

minix x7 with 1080i resolution

HI,
        how can i switch to 1080i in minix x7? I don't see any resolution in hdmi options higher then 720p. The TV is 720p/1080i and says the hdmi connection is only 720p.
        I didn't find a way to switch to 1080i. Is minix x7 1080i capable? Are there plans to include it in the kernel? I tried it with finless 1.5.a 1080p kernel and latest minix 1080fb rom with the same effect
        Any hints?
        Thanks

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        MINIX, I get asked this 100 times a day for the X7.

Please add the pinch to zoom feature like your 4.1.1 X5 ROM!

I tried to port the code to 4.2.2 but no go!

People want it and they want it bad!

Bob

Comment

you need to install their 1080p kernel, you'll find it on their forums.
          keep in mind that it requires a tv with correctly working edid (to report the resolutions/frequency supported), for eg if I use my monitor with dvi-to-hdmi adapter every resolution over 720p gets disabled.

btw minix has just announced that they are working on a new firmware version:
          "We just received an important update from RK yesterday right AFTER we finished our new firmware for these products...with such important patch (the patch isn't related to G4 and X5 mini by the way), we have decided to add this to the new firmware before we release them. So please be patient, we are in Berlin having the IFA show now while our team hasn't stop working. This notice meant to let you guys know what we are doing...
          major:
          1.) improved video playback performance;
          2.) further enhanced wifi transfer speed and stability;
          "

Comment

Working...
          X