new s912 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new s912 box

i am looking for a new S912 box. Whats the best one to buy, with updates and custom roms in mind?

The Tanix TX92 / Vorke Z6 looks good and is what I personally went with (TX92). I haven't received it yet, but there are some people having heat issues. Kind of strange considering it looks to have decent cooling (for an android box anyway) with vents on the sides. I'm hoping not to have any heat issues on mine.

Magendanz also recently made a couple of ROMs for it, and Tanix seems to be pretty good with updates.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
      The Tanix TX92 / Vorke Z6 looks good and is what I personally went with (TX92). I haven't received it yet, but there are some people having heat issues. Kind of strange considering it looks to have decent cooling (for an android box anyway) with vents on the sides. I'm hoping not to have any heat issues on mine.

Magendanz also recently made a couple of ROMs for it, and Tanix seems to be pretty good with updates.
      Just expand the heat vents. Fans or blowers won't hurt after that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah I saw that, looks pretty good.

I will probably do that if I run into heat issues. Here's hoping that I won't though.

Comment

Yeah I saw that, looks pretty good.

I will probably do that if I run into heat issues. Here's hoping that I won't though.
          They get hot .
          Goes up to 80*.
          Alfawise H96 Pro+ get hot even worse .

Comment

Not all SoCs run the same though. In general these chips seem to run hot, but at the same time they're meant to handle high temperatures. Not everyone seems to be having performance issues related to heat. So I'm hoping my box runs fine without any performance issues. If not, making the holes bigger seems easy enough.

Comment

any coupons for the tanix

Comment

Not all SoCs run the same though. In general these chips seem to run hot, but at the same time they're meant to handle high temperatures. Not everyone seems to be having performance issues related to heat. So I'm hoping my box runs fine without any performance issues. If not, making the holes bigger seems easy enough.
                I put 12cm Fan under my box and opened the vents.Now dead silence idle 35C, max 49C
                Last edited by noahv; 11-22-2017, 13:33.

Comment

Working...
                X