I'm Looking for a unique Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Looking for a unique Box

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for tips for awhile now and I'm hoping to get some sound advice from the members here.
    My use of the TV Box is for my car - ultimately Android Auto. I'm a car enthusiast and have found a few different ways to switch between my OEM touch screen to my Android Smart Box. The smart box then also operates through the touch screen.

So what do I use it for?
    First, I have an Easycap connected to it and powered into my backup light. (the car didn't come with a backup camera). So this powers the backup camera.
    Second, I want to use it for music. I've also determined how to get the device that installs between the android box and my OEM screen (touch screen controller) to also control voice commands and allow me to play music by sending voice commands vs. taking my eyes off the road.
    Third, Maps. My car uses DVD discs that are no longer sold. Using Waze or Google Maps, solves that issue.
    Fourth, the vehicle lacks critical gauges so I use a Torque app to display engine temp, battery voltage, etc.
    Fifth, Voice control - with google assistant, I can keep my eyes on the road and send the box commands.
    OK that's the car geek in me.

What boxes I've tried. As I'm new to the media box world, i've done this a bit blind but that's how projects go right?

Tronsmart AW80 - I love everything about it except it's size and it operates on kitkat which doesn't allow for google assist. It is a little slow.

Tronsmart MXIII - I love its size, but again, it doesn't allow for google assist (voice controls) as it runs on lollipop. It also has a power button. As the device is out of sight and reach, I need it to power on with ignition. Lastly, I'm unable to get the easycap to work in the micro OTG port.

Advice - This is what I need for this to work in my car and I've been unable to find sites that filter to this level. The searches have been long and difficult and as many here are experts, I'd appreciate the help. So understanding the need above (ironically, no interest in streaming video or gaming). Also, while I have plenty of technical:

Need:
    Wifi
    BT
    OTG - preferably USB A and not micro as is on my AW80 - at any rate powerful enough to power the easy cap without additional y cable. The AW 80 does this as do my phones, just not the MXIII. The MXIII OTG micro port reads flash drives fine though.
    12 volt power preferred
    plug in powers it on (no power button)
    At least three USB ports, including the OTG
    Android 6, or 7
    HDMI output
    Memory slot for music storage

Nice to have:
    SPDIF - but prefer the other type and not optical as the car's audio system has standard stereo and RCA jacks.
    Small - I guess referred to as Mini's but around 4"X4" would be ideal
    Though I intend to use tasker to just put the box on standby while the vehicle is off (car is always on a charger when not in use), that way I can leave it on and don't have to wait for boot time. But if that isn't practical, I want fast boot. I imagine removing most apps I won't be using such as Kodi, this may be moot.
    Firmware upgradeable but given the unique use, this is also only nice to have

What I've found
    H96 PRO Plus s9212 Octa core 3gb/32gb android 7.1, which on Chinese sites indicate the 2017 version is 12 volt powered but the pics still show 5 volt. I know nothing of its quality, stability or speed.

Are there better options?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long set up.
    Regards,

Sean

Ended up buying this from Gearbox.com after reading the reviews on this forum. It should meet most of my needs. Thanks.

Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box

- US PLUG WHITE 221832701

AllWinner H6 Quad-core Cortex-A53 + Bluetooth 4.1 + VP9 H.265 + Android 7.0

On its way. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
    X