• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member questions

Hi all, new to this forum.

I bought this kit:
    • H96 Pro H2 Amlogic S912 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Mini PC TV Dongle
    • MINIX NEO A2 Lite 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard Air Mouse
    I have used it for a couple of weeks now and have mixed results. So I have a few questions. Let me know if this is not the place to ask them.

I will go one by one to best keep track of the answers.

So let's start with my first question.

With some applications, for example, watching some video on a web page, I often have resolution change on my TV screen and it turns black for many seconds. I think I see this mostly when there's a buffering going on or some apps trying to set a resolution.

My setup is the following

H96 -> Denon AVR-S700W -> Samsung HD TV (all HDMI)
    * I also have ROKU on the same Denon and TV with ZERO issues.

When it happens, I see the TV display the resolution (or blank) for a few seconds, telling me, the resolution changed to something not supported.

I can reproduce this on this website: https://occupationdouble.noovo.ca/vi...it-25-novembre for example.

So, is there a setting to force the TV box to stay at the same resolution all the time, like 1920x1080?

Going out of a web page and back to the main menu, I cycle through this black screen for a few seconds.

In droid settings, I have set the resolution to 1080p 60hz and "auto switch to best resolution" to OFF (same issues when ON).

Thanks for the help!

Try changing input on your AVR.Â* I have the same Demon AVR and two of the rear HDMI ports are 4k, the other 3 are only 1080p.  Also, you are better off using an app for media playback, rather than a web browser.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hmm..
      checked out the vid.. 2 times
      1.it start vid 240 goes to max 540p
      2.it starts a with 240p ads for 14sec

droid settings/display/resolutions = only related to Android interface
      Look for player settings "framerate switching" and disable it
      or perhaps try a different browser

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Try changing input on your AVR.Â* I have the same Demon AVR and two of the rear HDMI ports are 4k, the other 3 are only 1080p.Â* Also, you are better off using an app for media playback, rather than a web browser.
        The android box is connected to the "media player" input #3, which is not 4k.

I made a quick video to show my settings and example of what I see https://photos.app.goo.gl/M2WB2Hf4SctRGnp02

When I get into this issue, I get this on the screen or a blank screen (no signal)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_050303.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	688888

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
          1) droid settings/display/resolutions = only related to Android interface
          2) Look for player settings "framerate switching" and disable it
          3) or perhaps try a different browser
          Agreed on

1), but I assume the browser and related content, should play through that the interface/android settings are. On a PC, the display does not go blank or change resolution dictated by what the browser is displaying. What I don't get, is what a client (browser) can dictate to the OS (android) the display settings/resolutions?

2) I'm assuming here you are talking about the embedded player in the browser. There is sadly no control of the user to those settings.

3) Which one would you recommend ?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X