Buying a box in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a box in UK

I am buying a box for my father as a gift for Christmas and am struggling finding the right box...
    I have been doing my research for 3 days and and still lost.
    I bought a DroidBox IMXQPro Mini on Black Friday for £45 but now realise it is a Tanix tx3 mini box for £10 more...
    I see Tanix tx3 mini and Mecool m8s pro w boxes on a certain auction site for £30-35.
    What is the difference between the two?
    Should I go for one of these or aim for a s905x box? MAybe a Tanix tx5 for £50?
    My dad uses kodi 99% of the time so I though about putting LibreElec on it, is it on the s905w boxes yet?
    My budget is around £30-60 and I do not need 4k support, just a snappy UI.
    Wifi is a bonus but not a must, already have keyboard/remote etc...
    Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the right box!
    Last edited by Hathor; 11-26-2017, 15:02.

I personally would buy a S912 chip which is better and picked up almost at the same price as Tanix tx3 mini box.

look at H96 Pro Plus 3GB/32GB

Kodi can be installed on any android OS. So don't have to install LibreElec on the box. if you are going to just use it for Kodi then you can pick one (S905X) up for about £25.

Comment

Originally posted by addy_86 View Post
      I personally would buy a S912 chip which is better and picked up almost at the same price as Tanix tx3 mini box.

look at H96 Pro Plus 3GB/32GB

Kodi can be installed on any android OS. So don't have to install LibreElec on the box. if you are going to just use it for Kodi then you can pick one (S905X) up for about £25.
      I did originally want to buy a s905x but all that I can find in the UK are no name ones and I do not know what I am looking for...
      Also, I do not see any in the UK for £25...
      I do see a few Tanix tx3 mini and Mecool m8s pro w boxes on **** for £35 though...

Comment

Working...
      X