Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT1 Ultimate Questions

Hi everyone.

I tied to make sure this wasn't answered already. Sorry if I missed it.

Can the GT1 Ultimate accept my Mediasonic Probox 4 bay HDD enclosure? I currently have the Beelink S82 Plus (S812) running android 4.4.2 and it is able to see all 4 drives without any problems.
    I wonder if changes in the box or changes in android since then will cause problems? I also have a torrent app on my current beelink s82 plus which saves to the HDDs without any problems, I wonder if this will work fine in GT1 Ultimate as well...

The only reason I'm looking to upgrade is because my current beelink becomes unstable after about a month of use and I have to reflash. Tried different firmware, all have this problem.
    I am reluctant to trust beelink again but am drawn to the relatively low price. Is it still a crapshoot or has beelink quality improved over the last few years?

Thanks!

Hey, just an opinion from a guy who doesn't know much... Beelink fit-and-finish in construction is pretty good. It's a mystery to me why all the Chinese firmware sucks so badly. In and of itself it's bad, but may have to do with their Hardware assembly also.
    My GT1 runs much smoother, and seems much more capable then my old s905 M18. That said, it's still glitchy and a bit frustrating. I'd suggest if you don't get an answer here that's suitable... P.m. Trebor, Megendanz, or super Celeron. These guys know the hardware, and have built the firmware that could give you the precise information you seek. Good luck. C k
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate your input! I am tempted to pay more for a Minix device, but I have a feeling it will still be a crapshoot with perhaps a more polished interface.

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
      Hey, just an opinion from a guy who doesn't know much... Beelink fit-and-finish in construction is pretty good. It's a mystery to me why all the Chinese firmware sucks so badly. In and of itself it's bad, but may have to do with their Hardware assembly also.
      My GT1 runs much smoother, and seems much more capable then my old s905 M18. That said, it's still glitchy and a bit frustrating. I'd suggest if you don't get an answer here that's suitable... P.m. Trebor, Megendanz, or super Celeron. These guys know the hardware, and have built the firmware that could give you the precise information you seek. Good luck. C k

Comment

I felt the same way about the two devices,
        get with t r e b o r... He's very good and knowledgeable about the two platforms, and more than glad to help
        . Seems to me anyway. He puts up with me?
        Guest builds the FW, and knows the hardware... I'm sure it can be tweaked to accommodate your hard drive. Give him a shout

Comment

Thanks. I'll wait for a bit more feedback before bugging trebor by pm. I like public better, so others can also benefit from the discussion.

Can you elaborate on your comments about glitchy and frustrating? nonstop errors? grey screen of death? Do you find yourself reflashing every few months? Those are the issues i've been dealing with the S82 plus and I am quite certain they are caused by sub-par components. At the time, it would have cost me about the same as a new device to return it for a replacement - which is why I just deal with the issues. I'm probably not alone, which is why the manufacturers keep getting away with it...

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes Keep it public is good...many can offer advice.

Devices from that part of the world can have there problems, luckily its firmware most of the time.
            There are many custom Rom's about that have added Life and saved many
            Have a look around.

I don't Dev but others names mentioned have lots of custom Roms about on FT...as do others

Well the 912 is remarkably faster, and handles multiple operations much better then the 905 so it definitely gives smoother performance. I think the ddr4 is more efficient, using less RAM for the same operation. Funny thing is running the same custom ROM, my m8s seems to need about 20% less Ram for the same operations. Go figure?

My OEM ROM was pretty new, 10 24 17, they have updated since then. I didn't get a chance to use it long, but I don't remember if I went with a custom or if it balked at an APK that was in b e t a. I think it was the latter, from the J rummy lineup. Either boot animations, or zipme.
          In any case for custom ROM by these guys is the way to go. Just make a good solid backup, and should it develop a hiccup... I've often straightened it out by entering TWRP and dumping the Dalvik cache. If that doesn't work just restore your backup and in a couple of minutes you're back online, issue solved.

Like I say, I don't know much... I came from Old School macs. They are hard to break, work smoothly and just do what you ask them to. of course the cost difference is about 2 Grand.

Don't get me wrong I like the GT1 just fine, I just highly suggest unless the newest 707 firmware is all that, which I doubt, plan on trying one of the amlogic developers here. Trebor has mentioned that the Minix has its issues too. Maybe it's best to save the coinage. But to sum up, I'm a little dismayed and though very enticing I don't think I'll be buying that $200 box- until they prove their dependability.

Comment

Working...
          X