Any success with hulu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any success with hulu?

Haven't seen many posts about this but has anyone had any success with a RK3188 device and hulu or is it something that is likely not going to happen for a while (if ever). I'm considering getting one for my brother in New York but if hulu ain't working on it, it will most likely remain in the box. My device is an S400 and I would love to send him a quad core stick with this app working the way it should.

Perhaps
    Xbmc unofficial Hulu add-on?
    never tried it my self..

Just a thought..

Comment

XBMC is of no use as his PC is office based only. This is just to tide him over till his job ends and he comes home in a years time. Trying to keep his spends light and this little TV stick would be a cheap PC option for tinkering about the net and most importantly watching hulu plus which he has currently subscribed to for his tab.

Comment

Originally posted by erinshore79 View Post
        XBMC is of no use as his PC is office based only. This is just to tide him over till his job ends and he comes home in a years time. Trying to keep his spends light and this little TV stick would be a cheap PC option for tinkering about the net and most importantly watching hulu plus which he has currently subscribed to for his tab.
        XBMC for Android

Comment

Does XBMC still not need a PC as a server? His office is about a half hour commute away. Hardly think XBMC would work well over broadband or maybe I stand corrected as I use Plex myself at home.

Comment

No you don't need a PC just XBMC and an internet connection, never tried the Hulu plugin but i guess should work.

Comment

Xbmc is a standalone app
              it makes android in a mediacenter... with addons like 'fusion' and 'navi-x' you get:
              Get access to milj of online radio channels
              Watch movies/tvshows ondemand (or downloaded them)
              Watch live online Tv (depending on where you live... lots of channels)
              Sharing or accessing you nas or dropbox... media is also a option...

Alternative... is trying the 'modded versions' posted at XDA forums...

Goodluck..

Comment

Ok thanks for the heads up! I'm acutally quite impressed with XBMC's lineup! Should work great in New York but hulu so far is still proving a pain to test in the UK this devices ability to successfully stream before I buy another. I have installed hideninja vpn and have it working perfectly (I use it for other US based apps for testing) and then fusion, got the hulu bluecop unofficial add on from xbmchub repository. Have installed XBMCHub maintenance as requested and implemented the hulu fix and set the settings to no ads and changed the streaming CDN to Akamai but yet it still gets stuck loading a video and forever says working until it finally gives up trying. Any ideas what might be the problem. I know the librtemp file can be an issue but I can't update it via XBMC and any downloaded ones I have tried to replace it with immediately crash the up on subsequent reboots.

Comment

Working...
                X