Help identifying RK3229 TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying RK3229 TV Box

Hello, I've bought this box from AliExpress as one with S905X SoC, after spending a day trying to install LibreElec on it, I thought on opening it up. To my surprise (or not so much), I spotted a little sticker saying it is a rockchip 3229 device, later confirmed with Aida. So I was wondering what model is it, and if there is any rom upgrade for it, as I know there's no LibreElec version for rockchip. Here's some pictures of the board, and thank you for any help you can provide.
    Cheers!

Last edited by gabardal; 12-08-2017, 14:29.

Originally posted by gabardal View Post
    Hello, I've bought this box from AliExpress as one with S905X SoC, after spending a day trying to install LibreElec on it, I thought on opening it up. To my surprise (or not so much), I spotted a little sticker saying it is a rockchip 3229 device, later confirmed with Aida. So I was wondering what model is it, and if there is any rom upgrade for it, as I know there's no LibreElec version for rockchip. Here's some pictures of the board, and thank you for any help you can provide.
    Cheers!

Hi ,

you stepped in a Trap of lying Sellers , they sell wrong branded Boxes with other CPUs and if you had "bad luck"

other cheaper Specs too , you are not alone , some others had the "bad luck" too , so maybe it is possible to use

one of the RK Roms for your CPU from here , but you must be sure that the Wifichip is the same otherwise no

Internet . Best to look for RK Roms here in the Threads , search , read , learn , flash and be happy with your

hopefully good running Box . hope it helps / gefattern
    Last edited by gefattern; 12-09-2017, 09:56.

Comment

Thanks for your help gefattern, I forgot to mention that the box has 2gb storage/16gb ram (you have to count your blessings, I guess ). Does that counts at the time of choosing a firmware? Cheers!
      Edit: looking for similar devices, I've found the Tanix TX -R2, maybe this is the best match?
      Last edited by gabardal; 12-09-2017, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by gabardal View Post
        Thanks for your help gefattern, I forgot to mention that the box has 2gb storage/16gb ram (you have to count your blessings, I guess ). Does that counts at the time of choosing a firmware? Cheers!
        Edit: looking for similar devices, I've found the Tanix TX -R2, maybe this is the best match?
        Hi ,

best to ask in the Thread for this Box , but be sure that the Specs are the same and always Backup

Stockrom / Data and Apps before you start .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X