Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I know what my nextbook serial number is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know what my nextbook serial number is?

I had my nextbook7P12-8G for sometime now, and sweaty fingers has accidently slide off the serial number tag on the back lower right (stupid place to put it), I don't have the box anymore, as I always say "If an item is working for 6 months, then the box isn't needed), I know it's Model 7P12-8G but I can't find out the serial number. I see people on here having YF1011xxxxxx but without knowing my serial number I can't get an update from nextbookusa, also, I did download from there, the wifi update, but the instructions for updating are so stupid, that it's impossible,,IE, plug in the nextbook to the PC USB, tap 'Turn on USB' on nextbook, drag the update.img to the nextbook (where?, root of internal sdcard? a folder?), tap 'turn off USB on nextbook' and follow onscreen update instructions, errrm, yeah right!, when a file, no matter it's extension is uploaded via uUSB to the nextbook, it just sits there doing nothing, there is no "auto" for .img update files,,, even if I were to shut down the nextbook, and hold power+volume down to get to the upgrading screen, it doesn't even see the update.img file, and all I see is a list of updating via external SDCard, which by the way, I don't have.

So, with all this, how do I get to find the serial?, and how do I get to update the firmware without an external SDCard? And, is there a pre-rooted ROM for my nextbook? Being that all attempts at rooting fails, with the nextbook rebooting itself with every attempt, even when using one-click root.

EDIT:
    I even tried using ADB with USB debugging enabled on the nextbook, like this:

adb devices = a list of numbers and letters showing it detected the nextbook
    adb shell = immediately rebooted the nextbook

It seems the nextbook has a security system that reboots it when any attempts to access the damn thing via ADB, making rooting impossible.

Even though it was only $70 at walmart, I'm just going to have to trash the nextbook, and pay something like $600+ for a very high end tablet,,, it's true of the saying "You get what you pay for", pay $70 you get s$^t, pay $600+ you get an excellent product.
    Last edited by usalabs; 08-21-2013, 13:25.

Originally posted by usalabs View Post
    I had my nextbook7P12-8G for sometime now, and sweaty fingers has accidently slide off the serial number tag on the back lower right (stupid place to put it), I don't have the box anymore, as I always say "If an item is working for 6 months, then the box isn't needed), I know it's Model 7P12-8G but I can't find out the serial number. I see people on here having YF1011xxxxxx but without knowing my serial number I can't get an update from nextbookusa, also, I did download from there, the wifi update, but the instructions for updating are so stupid, that it's impossible,,IE, plug in the nextbook to the PC USB, tap 'Turn on USB' on nextbook, drag the update.img to the nextbook (where?, root of internal sdcard? a folder?), tap 'turn off USB on nextbook' and follow onscreen update instructions, errrm, yeah right!, when a file, no matter it's extension is uploaded via uUSB to the nextbook, it just sits there doing nothing, there is no "auto" for .img update files,,, even if I were to shut down the nextbook, and hold power+volume down to get to the upgrading screen, it doesn't even see the update.img file, and all I see is a list of updating via external SDCard, which by the way, I don't have.

So, with all this, how do I get to find the serial?, and how do I get to update the firmware without an external SDCard? And, is there a pre-rooted ROM for my nextbook? Being that all attempts at rooting fails, with the nextbook rebooting itself with every attempt, even when using one-click root.

EDIT:
    I even tried using ADB with USB debugging enabled on the nextbook, like this:

adb devices = a list of numbers and letters showing it detected the nextbook
    adb shell = immediately rebooted the nextbook

It seems the nextbook has a security system that reboots it when any attempts to access the damn thing via ADB, making rooting impossible.

Even though it was only $70 at walmart, I'm just going to have to trash the nextbook, and pay something like $600+ for a very high end tablet,,, it's true of the saying "You get what you pay for", pay $70 you get s$^t, pay $600+ you get an excellent product.
    There are no software or firmware updates for the Next7P12-G on the Nextbook website. The updates that are available on that website are all for older model Nextbooks that used a different board and chipset and did not come with google apps. I would not expect to receive any updates from Nextbook for your tablet.

For the price, I think the Nextbook products offer pretty decent hardware and build quality, but there is almost no support from Nextbook. If you are having any trouble with your tablet, post questions here and someone will likely attempt to answer them.

FYI, I plan to release some stock firmware for this model in the not to distant future. Who knows... maybe I'll even get around to a modified rom for it eventually.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
    X