Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro - USB - cOOlio ROM

Hi All,

I have been trying to burn the cOOlio firmware on my MXQ Pro S905. However whatever I try I cannot get the USB burning tool to recognize my device.

I have tried and confirmed the following:

1. Confirmed that I have indeed an S905 (opened the device), and the following is printed on the MB: MXQ-S905-D16 VER:1.0 DATE:151021, so I am good there./
    2. Made sure that the AV button is clicking, I clearly hear a clicking sound that it is engaged before I plug in the USB.
    3. Using Burning tool: 2.0.7.2 as included in the cOOlio package.
    4. Running WIN 10 PRO x64
    5. Using USB 2 ports on my computer, actually the mouse and keyboard ports are the only ones USB 2.
    6. Tried it with the burning tool on "Start" and without. Waited for minutes each time.
    7. Using the INSIGNIA Universal File Transfer Cable USB M/M cable from best buy.
    8. re-installed the world cup driver.
    9. Confirmed that USB debugging is activated.

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong, maybe it is something obvious?

I am using the USB-4 port as per the instructions. Should I connect the device to power too? No-where it shown that this must be done, so I am not sure here. Am I having the wrong USB cable? It opens some CD drive as soon as I plug it in, could that be an issue?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

You have to also press hold the reset switch when plugging into usb port.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ianb View Post
      Hi All,

I have been trying to burn the cOOlio firmware on my MXQ Pro S905. However whatever I try I cannot get the USB burning tool to recognize my device.

I have tried and confirmed the following:

1. Confirmed that I have indeed an S905 (opened the device), and the following is printed on the MB: MXQ-S905-D16 VER:1.0 DATE:151021, so I am good there./
      2. Made sure that the AV button is clicking, I clearly hear a clicking sound that it is engaged before I plug in the USB.
      3. Using Burning tool: 2.0.7.2 as included in the cOOlio package.
      4. Running WIN 10 PRO x64
      5. Using USB 2 ports on my computer, actually the mouse and keyboard ports are the only ones USB 2.
      6. Tried it with the burning tool on "Start" and without. Waited for minutes each time.
      7. Using the INSIGNIA Universal File Transfer Cable USB M/M cable from best buy.
      8. re-installed the world cup driver.
      9. Confirmed that USB debugging is activated.

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong, maybe it is something obvious?

I am using the USB-4 port as per the instructions. Should I connect the device to power too? No-where it shown that this must be done, so I am not sure here. Am I having the wrong USB cable? It opens some CD drive as soon as I plug it in, could that be an issue?

Thanks for your help.

Ian
      Hi ,

maybe point 4 is the Problem , Win7 is better for this ,

some Boxes need Power others not , u have to try .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

i think for the USB Burning tool you do not need a reste through the AV-Hole...
        poweroff th box and plug in the USB-cable !... than it should be recognized by the tool...
        if not try another port on the box !! if you had opened it, did you see a mark "OTG" beneath one of the ports ? that should be the right one !..
        and it also works on Win 10 (x64) as i tried !!...

greetings

Comment

i have have the same issue, was trying to work on win7 as well and it didnt work through olease advise.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

maybe point 4 is the Problem , Win7 is better for this ,
            this is entirely false, win10 is fine, I do all my work on it. You do need to hold the reset pin in with burn tool

Comment

• gefattern
              gefattern commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi ,

hold down the "Reset" pin is normal and known by nearly everyone . Of course you can use Win 10 too , but

sometimes Users have Problems with Drivers on Win10 .

greetings / gefattern

aperta o reset, com o reset ainda segurando coloca o cabo usb e o cabo de energia, o usb tem que ser o escrito otg

Comment

Originally posted by bomdespacho View Post
              aperta o reset, com o reset ainda segurando coloca o cabo usb e o cabo de energia, o usb tem que ser o escrito otg
              possuo um arcade box com placa MB.S905S.04 onde não existe o botão reset. Saberia informar como fazer o processo de regravação do firmware sem esse botão?

Comment

Originally posted by secofc View Post

possuo um arcade box com placa MB.S905S.04 onde não existe o botão reset. Saberia informar como fazer o processo de regravação do firmware sem esse botão?
                Hi ,

English please , use Translator ,

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                X