Smart TV Box 4K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart TV Box 4K?

hello, today a friend of mine asked me to hack his Smart TV Box 4K.... when i got this box in the mail today i was like wtf is this as i there is no brand name on the box. i googled until i found something similar and started the process. my friend purchased this box and when he got it Kodi wasn't installed on it so he didn't know what to do with it. when i go it i decided if i could i wanted to install LibreELEC for Android on it as a standalone OS. so i made a bootable usb drive for the box that allowed me to boot into LibreELEC, where i than ssh into the box to install LbreELEC to the internal drive if you will. this was a breeze, after doing this i installed all my favorite addons followed by AceStream. i must say i am amazed how smooth this runs compared to any firestick, firetv, or even my own ASUS Chromeboxes. NetStreams SportsHUB and Sports Hub played AceStream flawless, no buffer or lag. compared to my Chromebox where after LibreELEC 8.2.1 came out Acestream never worked again. i than tried playing a 4K movie from The Pyramid this movie ran flawless as well no lag no buffer. figured i would share this with other how amazing this ran in my experience. now to the question:

as this box doesn't have a brand name on it, what is similar that has this s905x chipset i think that is correct? the box just says "TV BOX 4K" when you open the box up the device itself looks like the this link " http://aleetel.com/t95m-1gb8gb-andro...rtex-a53-64bit " same box and all. no idea if it is or not but the specs seem similar can someone point me in the right direction to a box similar that will do the same thing as i would like to replace my own ASUS Chromeboxes for these?

Thank you

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
    hello, today a friend of mine asked me to hack his Smart TV Box 4K.... when i got this box in the mail today i was like wtf is this as i there is no brand name on the box. i googled until i found something similar and started the process. my friend purchased this box and when he got it Kodi wasn't installed on it so he didn't know what to do with it. when i go it i decided if i could i wanted to install LibreELEC for Android on it as a standalone OS. so i made a bootable usb drive for the box that allowed me to boot into LibreELEC, where i than ssh into the box to install LbreELEC to the internal drive if you will. this was a breeze, after doing this i installed all my favorite addons followed by AceStream. i must say i am amazed how smooth this runs compared to any firestick, firetv, or even my own ASUS Chromeboxes. NetStreams SportsHUB and Sports Hub played AceStream flawless, no buffer or lag. compared to my Chromebox where after LibreELEC 8.2.1 came out Acestream never worked again. i than tried playing a 4K movie from The Pyramid this movie ran flawless as well no lag no buffer. figured i would share this with other how amazing this ran in my experience. now to the question:

as this box doesn't have a brand name on it, what is similar that has this s905x chipset i think that is correct? the box just says "TV BOX 4K" when you open the box up the device itself looks like the this link " http://aleetel.com/t95m-1gb8gb-andro...rtex-a53-64bit " same box and all. no idea if it is or not but the specs seem similar can someone point me in the right direction to a box similar that will do the same thing as i would like to replace my own ASUS Chromeboxes for these?

Thank you
    Hi ,

if you not sure , u have to open the Box and look for the Chips . LibreElec

runs on most AML Boxes with supported CPU , like S905 , not sure if the

S912 already works with LE .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Yes, LibreELEC works well with the S912 boxes now.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Clarkss12 is there a box you would recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
          Clarkss12 is there a box you would recommend?
          If you are strictly going to run LibreELEC almost all of these sub $40 Amlogic boxes work great. Check out this link on the LibreELEC forum, it has some useful information.

Hey Everyone Lets start a llist of all known good boxes to purchase that work with kszaq's LibreELEC builds. Boxes To Buy: Beelink MiniMX S905 1GB/8GB Beelink MiniMX v1.0 S905 2GB/16GB Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2GB/16GB Beelink M18 S905 2GB/16GB Mini M8S…
          Last edited by clarkss12; 01-11-2018, 22:07.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
          X