Pipo M5 Max RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M5 Max RileyROM 1.1

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this tablet. I use it all the time, but it never occurred to me to check of a firmware update. The original v1.0 was done based on a March firmware release. Since then, Pipo released an update on May 15th, 2013. While I was checking the Pipo site, I noticed some dates had changed with an 8/8/13 update, but the filename was still 5/15. Pipo Link

Anyway, here is a new custom ROM based on the latest firmware available.

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support added
    Busybox commands added
    Google Play Store Fixes added
    Both 3g and wifi only versions
    CWM Recovery by Fun
    Boot screens by Tattman65
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen

I've also added a couple of new things to the kit. I wouldn't recommend flashing this ROM via CWM initially, but subsequent flashes may be accomplished with a "build your own" CWM flashing template. Just follow the instructions in the readme file in the ClockworkTemplate folder.

I also included the RKBatchTool, in case you need it to assist you in getting into flash mode...or if you want to download and flash the original firmware from Pipo.

Here are the download links:

3G Version

Wifi Version

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

TY VERY much

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this tablet. I use it all the time, but it never occurred to me to check of a firmware update. The original v1.0 was done based on a March firmware release. Since then, Pipo released an update on May 15th, 2013. While I was checking the Pipo site, I noticed some dates had changed with an 8/8/13 update, but the filename was still 5/15. Pipo Link

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support added
    Busybox commands added
    CWM Recovery by Fun
    Flash Tool by Finless
    Reboot app by Petrus

I've also added a couple of new things to the kit. I wouldn't recommend flashing this ROM via CWM initially, but subsequent flashes may be accomplished with a "build your own" CWM flashing template. Just follow the instructions in the readme file in the ClockworkTemplate folder.

I also included the RKBatchTool, in case you need it to assist you in getting into flash mode...or if you want to download and flash the original firmware from Pipo.

Dear TS, ty VERY much for this custom, it is popular on the biggest Russian and Eastern Europe web-site about android - 4pda, i think u heard about it. Custom is very usefull and mega good in terms of energy saving, ty one more time, u'v given new life to my pipo m5 3g.

Unfortunately this model is not wide spread, but anyway it is good i guess.

The only thing - it would be better if u didn't cut the volume +- buttons, but it is easily fixed with TrayVolume Notification.

Thank u very much.

Comment

Pipo M5 Max RileyROM 1.1

If you flash this new ROM,,.you should notice the volume keys are back.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

This ROM is:

Rooted
        Debloated
        Init.d Support added
        Busybox commands added
        CWM Recovery by Fun
        Flash Tool by Finless
        Reboot app by Petrus

3G Version

Wifi Version

Enjoy!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!

Hello all,

Im new here. Im very happy with tablet Pipo M5 Max. I have the 3g one (the 3g works fine). But... I have a problem.
        I don't know why but... when im surfing next of the router all works just perfect. But only with a difference of 2 meters (4 bars signal) makes very difficult still surfing. I use 20mb with a router brand Arris. It works perfect.

I would like to solve the problem. Do you know if your ROM will fix my problem?

Thank you in advance. Im very happy to know that there are people working in Pipo M5. For me the best option, perfect size.

Rubén.

Comment

I haven't experienced your problem with my M5 3g running this ROM. Maybe my ROM will improve things, but it may be an antenna problem inside your tablet (that happens when Pipo doesn't solder it in correctly). It happens on every so many tablets they produce. Some have the problem...other's don't...I guess I'm lucky.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

I haven't experienced your problem with my M5 3g running this ROM. Maybe my ROM will improve things, but it may be an antenna problem inside your tablet (that happens when Pipo doesn't solder it in correctly). It happens on every so many tablets they produce. Some have the problem...other's don't...I guess I'm lucky.
            Thanks for the information.

I'll try the ROM, but i think you are right about the antenna problem. But it's so rare, because signal still good, but speed decreases so low.

Rubén.
            Last edited by Darksin; 09-02-2013, 07:31. Reason: some language mistake

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this tablet. I use it all the time, but it never occurred to me to check of a firmware update. The original v1.0 was done based on a March firmware release. Since then, Pipo released an update on May 15th, 2013. While I was checking the Pipo site, I noticed some dates had changed with an 8/8/13 update, but the filename was still 5/15. Pipo Link Anyway, here is a new custom ROM based on the latest firmware available. This ROM is: Rooted Debloated Init.d Support added Busybox commands added Google Play Store Fixes added Both 3g and wifi only versions CWM Recovery by Fun Boot screens by Tattman65 Flash Tool by Finless Reboot app by Petrus First Time User's Guide by Pr0xZen I've also added a couple of new things to the kit. I wouldn't recommend flashing this ROM via CWM initially, but subsequent flashes may be accomplished with a "build your own" CWM flashing template. Just follow the instructions in the readme file in the ClockworkTemplate folder. I also included the RKBatchTool, in case you need it to assist you in getting into flash mode...or if you want to download and flash the original firmware from Pipo. Here are the download links: 3G Version Wifi Version Enjoy!!!!! If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
              Hi i just tried to flash your rom and have some problems.... On your step four: "4) Now before you flash the ROM you must Erase NAND (IDB). Press that button. Yous should see Doing Lower Level Format. AND IMPORTANT it should count up to close to 2048 and finish!"

it doesnt count up to 2048, but to 4000 something. Is that normal?

firstly once i get to the CWM Recovery Menu, after i have flashed the rom, i get these messages at the bottom of the screen:
              E:invalid command argument
              E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
              E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
              E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
              E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
              I click the power button and everything seems to work ok. Then i follow your instructions and when i try to do this:
              "When you get back to the CWM menu, you will see some error messages at the bottom. Go ahead and select wipe cache from the menu, and you will have the ability to backup and restore your system via CWM. You can also install certain updates via .zip file. You can't flash a ROM this way, though... yet."
              I do not get the error messages neither can navigate with the escape button in cwm menu.. Tablet seems to work ok though, except that i cant navigate in the cwm menu. Also i didnt do anything with the ClockworkTemplate file, maybe thats what causes the problem? In the READMEFIRST.TXT didnt say anything about it so i didnt do anything with it.. Thnx for the help in advance im a newbie.

Comment

That was an early, generic set of instructions. The number erasing IDB counts up to doesn't matter...just as long as it counts all the way to the displayed number.

I haven't tested CWM in a while. I will check that.

As an alternative, you could try the generic TWRP recovery for the 3066 chip. The errors you get are normal.

If the tablet functions well, you have the ROM flashed correctly.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Here is the link to TWRP Recovery. I works perfectly.

Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Here is the link to TWRP Recovery. I works perfectly.

http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/TWR...600_rk3066.img
                    I will try that tomorrow, thnx for the fast reply though! Tablet seems to operate perfectly, only problem is that I cant navigate on the CWM menu. Just to be sure the button which I should click is the next one to the power right? Tablet has 3 clickable non screen objects, power, ESC and reset so I guess I'm clicking the right one.
                    Also what should I do with the clockwork folder and its zip? Can you clarify it a bit? I should put the 3 thingies In the zip via 7zip? Or just unzip it and then put them in the unzipped folder. And then what? Sorry for the ton of stupid questions. Many thanks for the great work.

Comment

To install TWRP Recovery:

Open the same flash tool you flashed the ROM in Windows.

Uncheck all of the items listed on the list of ROM parts...except Recovery.

Click the browse button to the right of the recovery.img and browse to where you saved the TWRP img file and select it.

Connect the USB and reboot to flash mode.

DO NOT ERASE IDB this time...just click Flash.

The tablet will reboot to system after the flash.

Use the Reboot app to reboot to Recovery. The touch screen will work with TWRP.

Sent from my P9
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

To install TWRP Recovery: Open the same flash tool you flashed the ROM in Windows. Uncheck all of the items listed on the list of ROM parts...except Recovery. Click the browse button to the right of the recovery.img and browse to where you saved the TWRP img file and select it. Connect the USB and reboot to flash mode. DO NOT ERASE IDB this time...just click Flash. The tablet will reboot to system after the flash. Use the Reboot app to reboot to Recovery. The touch screen will work with TWRP. Sent from my P9
                        Ok just did it and it works like a charm. Many thanks! Should i perform a cache wipe or a dalvik_cash wipe now? Is that needed?

Comment

Not unless you are having problems.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

I have a question about this 2 versions of rom you made sir. Example,if im going to choose the wifi version does it mean my 3g didnt work at all?sorry for asking sir coz im newbie on tablet matter.i realy want to change my stock rom coz it drain my battery too fast.and one more thing sir do you have another link of TWRP coz the link is broken.thanks

Comment

Sir please reply.by the way im the one who asked you about the riley rom 1.2 beyond xbmc launher.have you found it sir?

Comment

Working...
                              X