wont boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont boot

I have an arnova 10 g2 for over two years now and I hadn't hardly used it. I'm tying to charge it and it shows "arnova" then makes a beep sound then it turns back of.*Anyone know the solution to this?*Ages ago I tried flashing a custom Rom and it didn't work out well so I put stock firmware on and touch screen wasnt working.*So now is not even turning on.

Originally posted by splathunter View Post
    I have an arnova 10 g2 for over two years now and I hadn't hardly used it. I'm tying to charge it and it shows "arnova" then makes a beep sound then it turns back of.*Anyone know the solution to this?*Ages ago I tried flashing a custom Rom and it didn't work out well so I put stock firmware on and touch screen wasnt working.*So now is not even turning on.

not really sure whats going on with your tab man,but a couple of things could be happening .

maybe your charging port it shorting out or loose, or could be something has happened since sitting for a period of time . i will find the stock image i have and link it to you and you can try that .

but charging issue may be your big worry . check back later today and i'll post that .img
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
      not really sure whats going on with your tab man,but a couple of things could be happening .

maybe your charging port it shorting out or loose, or could be something has happened since sitting for a period of time . i will find the stock image i have and link it to you and you can try that .

but charging issue may be your big worry . check back later today and i'll post that .img
      That may be the issue.
      I also have the image but when I put tablet in flash recovery mode it says device not recognized.
      So I un plugged it and found out about rockchip drivers and now when I plug tablet back in, it comes up with nothing.
      I'm in abit of a pickle.
      Help please. Appreciated.

Comment

I would say, your stock rom is bricked or your battery is empty, but as long the tablet start the arnova kernel, thats what you saw, your power support seem to work.

Connect the power supply with your arnova tablet and let it connected for some hours. After that try the reset whole, if you have one or press the power button for more than 5sec. If the ROM does boot complete, your are back in business.
        If not, set the tablet in flash mode and reflash stock rom.

If you could not get into flash mode, describe in detail, what you have tried.

JDfense
        Last edited by JDfense; 08-25-2013, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
          I would say, your stock rom is bricked or your battery is empty, but as long the tablet start the arnova kernel, thats what you saw, your power support seem to work.

Connect the power supply with your arnova tablet and let it connected for some hours. After that try the reset whole, if you have one or press the power button for more than 5sec. If the ROM does boot complete, your are back in business.
          If not, set the tablet in flash mode and reflash stock rom.

If you could not get into flash mode, decribe in detail, what you have tried.

JDfense
          I didn't think it had died but I think that might be it.
          I will update as soon as I know.
          Thank you

Comment

I didn't think it had died but I think that might be it.
            I will update as soon as I know.
            Thank you

ok try this .img , yours may be corrupt .

use this tool if you don't have it already

just follow directions you should be fine

Comment

ok try this .img , yours may be corrupt .

use this tool if you don't have it already

just follow directions you should be fine
              Ok, so Im trying to do what we discussed, but:
              1. The Tablet Does Connect once in a while, Rarely, once it does, it does it for like 10 secs and then doesnt connect again for a while, then I cant do anything with the tablet.
              2.Putting it on charge still Shows the Title of Tablet and then beeps and goes off and loops that.
              So I have no way to connect it or anything.
              I cant tell when its in Recovery Mode because I cant reset after the black screen.

Comment

Ok, so Im trying to do what we discussed, but:
                1. The Tablet Does Connect once in a while, Rarely, once it does, it does it for like 10 secs and then doesnt connect again for a while, then I cant do anything with the tablet.
                2.Putting it on charge still Shows the Title of Tablet and then beeps and goes off and loops that.
                So I have no way to connect it or anything.
                I cant tell when its in Recovery Mode because I cant reset after the black screen.

my friend i think you might have a dead tablet , sounds like there is a hardware problem somewhere

try this download one of Bob's 10g2 roms ,don't matter which one ,then see if you can get it to show up in that flash tool . try that and see what happens .

Comment

my friend i think you might have a dead tablet , sounds like there is a hardware problem somewhere

try this download one of Bob's 10g2 roms ,don't matter which one ,then see if you can get it to show up in that flash tool . try that and see what happens .
                  When I connect it to rock chip, I managed to get the 1st connect yellow or something one time.
                  But it just doesn't get any connection through.
                  I can't afford to have this broken, is there anything I can try?

Comment

When I connect it to rock chip, I managed to get the 1st connect yellow or something one time.

if you use the rockchip batch tool the square should be green ,if i remember correctly .

try this rom and flashtool ok . see if it connects , and if so flash it . there is a read me in the download .follow the directions !!!!!

Comment

I'm not shure, if I have understand complete.

1.)I never saw a yellow light on the 1st device slot. Don't know what it means. For shure you have a connection between tablet and PC, if you see a light, whatever colour you see in the 1st slot.
                      2.)When you see a light, start the RKandroidtool and tick the erase IDB button. If the erase process succeed, you will see a blue light in the before started Rockbatchtool. This would be very good!
                      3.) With blue light you can flash direct the single stock rom img with the Rockbatchtool.
                      4.) If you get through flashing without red light, your tablet should automatically boot the stock ROM. Waiting time max. 10 minutes. After that you should have reached the desktop of the firmware.
                      5.) Good luck.

JDfense

Comment

I got somewhere!
                        It connected to Rockchip and was Green!
                        and I started Restore for Update .img to restore it to original Stock Rom and it got half way through and then It failed because the Device disconnected!!!! > and now its saying Device Not Recognized...
                        Does anyone know why?

Comment

Hello I have Sorted it out but Calibration isnt working.
                          Any Ideas?

Comment

You have a real funny tablet.
                            If you have the original stock ROM flashed, calibration has to work fine, but if you have flashed only a similar ROM, then you might get in trouble with the calibration.
                            Anyway how you solved it. It is possible, that your usb cable creats the problems.

Have you erased IDB before flashing, If not, try it again. A tablet without good calibration is useless.

JDfense

Comment

Touch screen works but only in a corner. ..
                              Re calibration doesn't do anything.
                              Is there something I can do?

Comment

Working...
                              X