H96 Dongle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Dongle question

Hi, I'm considering buying the H96 dongle for one of my TVs which is wall mounted and doesn't have a shelf/TV unit for placing components, making the box unsuitable. I noticed that the dongle does not include a remote, but does have bluetooth built in. Does that mean in order to control the device, I would need to purchase a bluetooth remote separately? How is the dongle controlled otherwise, is there an android app I could install on my phone to pair with the dongle?

TIA

Not sure if there are any good BT remotes, but You can buy a 2,4 GHz air mouse with USB receiver. I use one, it's better than original remote, as it has air mouse support and full QWERTY keyboard on the back.
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but how would the USB receiver connect to the dongle? There's only a microUSB connector which is used to power the dongle.

Comment

This one?

Or this one:
        https://www.gearbest.com/tv-stick-do...p_1378916.html
        Both have 2 full sized USB ports on the other side from HDMI plug.

If I'm right there is H2 dongle as well, but it looks same as this 2 (same like with the Box - from the outside they are same, but there are changes in the inside).
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Ah I didn't look at the picture close enough, and didn't read the specs carefully Indeed there is 1xUSB host and 1x USB OTG per the specs, so I can use my Rii i8+ remote with this dongle. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X