Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

I never tested bluetooth with the stock rom, so I'm not sure if I might have a defective device.

I immediately installed Finless' 1.5 rom with Leolas' 1080P overclocked kernel. However, bluetooth is very buggy.

Once bluetooth is on - clicking "search devices" accomplishes nothing - you'll get an immediate "no devices found" without an attempt made. However, if you turn bluetooth off and on, if you have a device in discoverable mode - the search will work immediately. That said - pairing has never worked the first time with me. I've tried with a headset, keyboard, generic gamepad (Ipega) and a Sixaxis controller.

The headset's performance was disappointing, plenty of bluetooth lag which was not present with my old Uhost 2. Also - video started to occasionally stutter. The gamepad would only consistently work if I was within 2 feet of the Imito QX1. The sixaxis app would never pair - I suspect because of the search device bug I mention above.

I've only seen one person report a successful use of the Sixaxis App - (H1span1c), but haven't yet seen a reply. If bluetooth has been working well for you, not just Sixaxis, what ROM and Kernel combination are you using? I'd like to try a different ROM to eliminate the possibility of a defective QX1, but I'd rather not do so blindly.

Edit: H1span1c just replied - he was using 720P OC on 1.4a. He'll try Finless 1.5 today.
    Last edited by PolloLoco; 08-27-2013, 03:04.

Bluetooth works "ok", i can connect my phones but sometimes the bluetooth ship just goes to off by itself without any reason.
    Sixaxis never worked for me :
    - stock rom
    - update stock rom
    - 1.4a 1080p non-oc
    - 1.5 1080p non-oc

dmesg has been posted to help...

Comment

Still have no pairing ability

Siaxis does not pair ps3 controller on Imito QX-1. Just joining the experience of others to say that it doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
        Siaxis does not pair ps3 controller on Imito QX-1. Just joining the experience of others to say that it doesnt work.
        But you didn't say what roms or kernels you tried. So that's not helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
          But you didn't say what roms or kernels you tried. So that's not helpful.
          Sorry:

My earlier Post on QX-1 1.4 ROM forum:

PS3 Controller doesn't work..leolas 1080p kernal (not OC) and Finless Bob 1.5 ROM on QX1

Originally Posted by ouaibe
          No errors. Just waiting for pairing and my controller blinking searching the host.

I am with you!! The PS3 sixaxis app does not pair the controller and Finless 1.5 ROM QX-1 at all as advertised. I think either there is a setting to do (maybe on ethernet, not wifi) or Hispan1c has a different imito..not the qx1 ..It just does not pair up for me at all.

I have tried everything. Complete Match of controller BT Address and QX1, but still no finding controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Playonlover View Post
            Sorry:

My earlier Post on QX-1 1.4 ROM forum:

PS3 Controller doesn't work..leolas 1080p kernal (not OC) and Finless Bob 1.5 ROM on QX1

Originally Posted by ouaibe
            No errors. Just waiting for pairing and my controller blinking searching the host.

I am with you!! The PS3 sixaxis app does not pair the controller and Finless 1.5 ROM QX-1 at all as advertised. I think either there is a setting to do (maybe on ethernet, not wifi) or Hispan1c has a different imito..not the qx1 ..It just does not pair up for me at all.

I have tried everything. Complete Match of controller BT Address and QX1, but still no finding controller.
            Thanks, H1span1c got it to work with 1.4a 720P OC. So that's one thing to try. He was going to try 1.5 and report back.

Comment

Guys I am really trying to trouble shoot this for you all...

ALL I HAVE is a BT mouse but I can see lag in my 1.5 ROM and my BT mouse. Now it is finding it as it's not leolas kernel as best I can tell.

So I need you guys to really HELP ME HELP YOU fix this. I need data on what ROM's and kernels you have used. What works and what does not. And I mean a DETAILED LIST not just a random post about this or that.... FULL FACTS please!

The key here is try 1.4 kernels with 1.5 ROM. Try 1.5 kernels or Leolas kernel on 1.4 ROM!
              I need to know if it is the 1.5 ROM or kernel related!

No help... no fix!

You all are next on my priority to fix some of this stuff. But if there is NO help or interest... I will move on.

Bob

P.S. I HATE BT problems in Android! BT is all over the freakin place and not just in the kernel! It's a NAST THING I wish would go away. I swear BT implementation is a HACK to Android that was just not done well! You have no idea how much time I have spent on 3066 ROM's fixing BT issues! It pisses me off honestly and it needs to go by way of the dino soon PLEASE!
              For now... I will do what I can....
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Guys I am really trying to trouble shoot this for you all...

ALL I HAVE is a BT mouse but I can see lag in my 1.5 ROM and my BT mouse. Now it is finding it as it's not leolas kernel as best I can tell.

So I need you guys to really HELP ME HELP YOU fix this. I need data on what ROM's and kernels you have used. What works and what does not. And I mean a DETAILED LIST not just a random post about this or that.... FULL FACTS please!

The key here is try 1.4 kernels with 1.5 ROM. Try 1.5 kernels or Leolas kernel on 1.4 ROM!
                I need to know if it is the 1.5 ROM or kernel related!

No help... no fix!

You all are next on my priority to fix some of this stuff. But if there is NO help or interest... I will move on.

Bob

P.S. I HATE BT problems in Android! BT is all over the freakin place and not just in the kernel! It's a NAST THING I wish would go away. I swear BT implementation is a HACK to Android that was just not done well! You have no idea how much time I have spent on 3066 ROM's fixing BT issues! It pisses me off honestly and it needs to go by way of the dino soon PLEASE!
                For now... I will do what I can....
                Thanks for the offer to help Bob! I next plan to try 1.4a with the 720P OC kernel, since that's the only one reported to work for anyone. I will report back tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the offer to help Bob! I next plan to try 1.4a with the 720P OC kernel, since that's the only one reported to work for anyone. I will report back tomorrow.
                  Thanks!

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks, H1span1c got it to work with 1.4a 720P OC. So that's one thing to try. He was going to try 1.5 and report back.
                    PS3 Controller :
                    Sorry didn't had the time last night. Will try it tonight with 1.5 ROM. I must point out that when I tested the PS3 controller with the 1.4a ROM I used the 0.1 version (<-- click for direct link) of the Windows pairing tool because I couldn't get 0.22 to work on Windows 8. Every time i would enter the BT host address and save it, it would get overwritten immediately with the old value. With the 0.1 version, this didn't occur. But that has nothing to do with the imito qx1.

BT Audio :
                    Very laggy, stutters every couple of seconds even when my BT speakers are 1 meters away.

Comment

Re: Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
                      PS3 Controller :
                      Sorry didn't had the time last night. Will try it tonight with 1.5 ROM. I must point out that when I tested the PS3 controller with the 1.4a ROM I used the 0.1 version (<-- click for direct link) of the Windows pairing tool because I couldn't get 0.22 to work on Windows 8. Every time i would enter the BT host address and save it, it would get overwritten immediately with the old value. With the 0.1 version, this didn't occur. But that has nothing to do with the imito qx1.

BT Audio :
                      Very laggy, stutters every couple of seconds even when my BT speakers are 1 meters away.
                      Can someone try to install only the boot.img from my rom?, leolas rom qx1 and test if Bt works better?
                      Thanks.

leolas
                      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                      My devices:
                      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                      Gearbest.com)
                      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        Can someone try to install only the boot.img from my rom?, leolas rom qx1 and test if Bt works better?
                        Thanks.

leolas
                        I would gladly do so but the download links from your rom thread are broken.

Comment

Re: Sixaxis and Bluetooth in General - fixes for finless 1.6 ROM

Originally posted by ouaibe View Post
                          I would gladly do so but the download links from your rom thread are broken.
                          Sorry then, I sm out of home and cant access them

leolas

I think that the problem with my rom download is that it was in our cloud, I need to upload it to our fpt server, I can't do it until weekend
                          Last edited by leolas; 08-27-2013, 12:15.
                          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                          My devices:
                          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                          Gearbest.com)
                          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

PS3 controller

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            Thanks.

leolas
                            Hi, i just installed Finless 1.5 ROM with default flash settings. I installed the Sixaxis Pairing tool apk and granted SU rights. I went to my Windows 8 PC, wrote the BT host address to the PS3 controller, and afterwards it paired flawlessly.

To test it, I have installed Beach Buggy blitz and Shadowgun Deadzone and the controller worked fine in both games!

Haven´t tried my USB headset yet, I need to charge the batteries first. Will report tomorrow!
                            Last edited by hispan1c; 08-28-2013, 13:06. Reason: Imagehost down :(

Comment

Originally posted by hispan1c View Post
                              Hi, i just installed Finless 1.5 ROM with default flash settings. I installed the Sixaxis Pairing tool apk and granted SU rights. I went to my Windows 8 PC, wrote the BT host address to the PS3 controller, and afterwards it paired flawlessly. Check it out :

To test it, I have installed Beach Buggy blitz and Shadowgun Deadzone and the controller worked fine in both games!

Haven´t tried my USB headset yet, I need to charge the batteries first. Will report tomorrow!
                              Wow. I can't believe it worked. The default setting for 1.5 - is that 720 OC? I'm starting to wonder if the issue is in the 1080P kernel. In the next hour, I'm going to try 1.4a using the 720 OC kernel - I'll report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X