Worth going from MK908 to X7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth going from MK908 to X7?

Anyone go from one to the other, what are your opinions? I'm somewhat satisfied with my MK908 after all the custom roms coming out for it, but I want a device that's a little more put together and has more support from the manufacturer.

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
    Anyone go from one to the other, what are your opinions? I'm somewhat satisfied with my MK908 after all the custom roms coming out for it, but I want a device that's a little more put together and has more support from the manufacturer.

I'm wondering the same actually.

Not ready to drop $150.00 to find out right now.

Comment

I have been thinking about replacing my T428 with X7 since the focus of development seems to have moved away from T428 lately.

One question though: Currently I have a 1TB 2.5" HDD connected to a USB hub which is powered by its own 2.5A PSU. Are the USB ports in X7 able to push enough current to power the HDD if I pair the X7 with a 4A PSU?
      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Please? Isn't there anyone who has a USB-powered 2.5" HDD connected to their X7?
        Buy me a beer?

Comment

Other then cosmetic, usb/lan etc you will not notice too much (virtually any) performance difference

but for things like, extra usb/remote/lan connection etc you will

perfomance = not!

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
            Please? Isn't there anyone who has a USB-powered 2.5" HDD connected to their X7?
            I would be happy to test this for you but i dont have a usb powered 2.5" HDD. But i shall se if someone can lend me one for test if it works with stock powersupply or with a bigger one 5V 7.5A.

Comment

Originally posted by FoneFreak View Post
              Other then cosmetic, usb/lan etc you will not notice too much (virtually any) performance difference
              I'm not looking for more performance but convenience and continuing support.

If I replaced my T428 with X7 (and could connect my HDD directly to it), I would be able to get rid of:
              • USB sound card
              • USB-RJ45 adapter
              • USB hub
              • Extra cables, etc.

Besides, there hasn't been too much support for T428 from Tronsmart's front lately. Also, the more exiting new features seem to find their way to X7 more quickly. All our top developers also seem to favor X7.
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Good news Molle. I borrowed a Samsung 1tb usb hdd from work and it works perfect with stock power supply, tested copy over movie and then use MX player to watch video and no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
                  Good news Molle. I borrowed a Samsung 1tb usb hdd from work and it works perfect with stock power supply, tested copy over movie and then use MX player to watch video and no problem at all.
                  Yay! X7 here we come...
                  Buy me a beer?

Comment

Yay! X7 here we come...
                    Perfect timing now when roms starting to get really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
                      Hi, was it NTFS or FAT32 format? Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by inax View Post
                        Hi, was it NTFS or FAT32 format? Thank you very much!
                        My 1TB HDD is NTFS-formatted and I have had zero problems with any ROM I have used (Finless, Nexus, HFW).

I can even share it through 'Samba Filesharing for Android'.
                        Buy me a beer?

Comment

My 1TB HDD is NTFS-formatted and I have had zero problems with any ROM I have used (Finless, Nexus, HFW).

I can even share it through 'Samba Filesharing for Android'.
                          Thanks, Molle. As you know, I'm a rookie on this android tv world. Is it so necessary to use a ROM which is not the original? Is this an important issue when playing external HDDs?

Thank you

Comment

Finally found a buyer for my T428. X7 now on order from UsellIsell.
                            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                            X