H96pro plus crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96pro plus crashes

I have purchased a h96pro plus a few days ago and it has green PCB with ZH-01-S912-TVBOX-V.3.2

and it was running fine, untill the day, when I was trying to insert a sd card in it while it was on, and it was just crashed. The display vanished and only pixels with loud humming noise left. Remote control is not working that time and i have powered it off by pulling power cord. After a few seconds when i powered it again, it has booted normally and run smoothly for a few minutes and then it again crashed with same symptoms. I have also flashed Superceleron Rom to it but the problem is intact. Please anybody suggest me what should I do now.
    Last edited by maxim33; 02-10-2018, 14:38.

Check for errors on your Micro SD card via computer...and format NTFS or Fat32 and try again.
    Check with another Micro SD card. Some are faulty...manufacture.

If another card (clean format) has same results...then your Micro SD card slot is probably faulty. Return China Box or stop using Micro SD.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
      Check for errors on your Micro SD card via computer...and format NTFS or Fat32 and try again.
      Check with another Micro SD card. Some are faulty...manufacture.

If another card (clean format) has same results...then your Micro SD card slot is probably faulty. Return China Box or stop using Micro SD.
      Thanks for your response, when it was happened first time,i removed the card and never inserted any card in it again, but after that it got crashed any time. when i start it it booted normally somtime it stays well for 30 to 40 minutes while somtime it get crashed in just 5 to 10 minutes. i think the ram chip which is located just above the mmc card slot, is got faulty and it may be the cause of sudden crash of operating system.

Comment

I've had a box that would reboot when "safely" ejecting the Micro SD card.
        Another seemed to corrupt my Micro SD card...needed scan and clean every time when inserted in laptop.

If it keeps crashing now....consider flashing SCV4 again( a clean start) and upgrade to SCV7A. Sometimes, a corrupt memory address can be overwritten (fixed?).

Comment

I've had a box that would reboot when "safely" ejecting the Micro SD card.
          Another seemed to corrupt my Micro SD card...needed scan and clean every time when inserted in laptop.

If it keeps crashing now....consider flashing SCV4 again( a clean start) and upgrade to SCV7A. Sometimes, a corrupt memory address can be overwritten (fixed?).
          thanks dude, as per your advise , i also reflashed the SCV4 and problem remains entact.

Comment

I'm re-reading your post...if your box is always crashing without the micro SD card, but, does start and run for a while(without issues); you may have overheating issues or bad power supply. Both are serious design flaws that are constantly mention about this China Box.

Will your box crash if you insert micro SD card when China box is off and then boot-up?
            If your micro SD cards are good(compatible), then, I suggest to cease using the card slot. Use USB port(OTA) when possible for firmware updates etc.

If it still causes your box to crash...after inserting a compatible card..can you return the China Box?

Comment

I'm re-reading your post...if your box is always crashing without the micro SD card, but, does start and run for a while(without issues); you may have overheating issues or bad power supply. Both are serious design flaws that are constantly mention about this China Box.

Will your box crash if you insert micro SD card when China box is off and then boot-up?
              If your micro SD cards are good(compatible), then, I suggest to cease using the card slot. Use USB port(OTA) when possible for firmware updates etc.

If it still causes your box to crash...after inserting a compatible card..can you return the China Box?
              Thanx for your response, it was the first time, when I inserted the memory card in the box, while it was on and at the home screen. As i inserted the card, a sound like a brrrr..... Happened and display from screen vanished to a light green color and humming noise outcomes from the speaker, power led gone red, remote control not working, so i have shut it down. I have removed the sd card and after a few minutes, powered on the box again and it was booted normally, and run smoothly for a few minutes and then it crashed suddenly, green noisy display and loud humming noise from speakers, no response to remote control .At this point the only option left is to power off the device by pulling power cord,. After a few hours rest and a cold start it boot up normally and run for 5 minutes to 20 minutes and then crash suddenly with same symptoms. I also flashed superceleron rom for green pcb SCV4 and it run smoothly, sometimes for five minutes and crashes, and sometimes for more than fifteen minutes and then crashes. I also updated to SCV7 but it crashes during the boot process, so i again revert back to the SCV4. At Very first time when I inserted the sdcard and the box crashed i have never inserted sdcard in it. Maybe the fault happened on the time of first crash, the ram chip got damaged and now it leaves data stored on it randomly resulting the operating system to get crashed.

Comment

Sadly at best it is overheating/bad power supply. At worst, it is a dud...with faulty or shorted chip(more unlikely).

Best option, try to install factory firmware first and take a recording of the crashes... get a replacement from vendor..or Paypal if possible. Hopefully return shipping is minimal.
                Otherwise, look at opening the box and try running the box without a case...to see if it runs longer(hinting at heat issues)

Comment

Sadly at best it is overheating/bad power supply. At worst, it is a dud...with faulty or shorted chip(more unlikely).

Best option, try to install factory firmware first and take a recording of the crashes... get a replacement from vendor..or Paypal if possible. Hopefully return shipping is minimal.
                  Otherwise, look at opening the box and try running the box without a case...to see if it runs longer(hinting at heat issues)
                  thanks a lot, i am unable to find original firmware for that motherboard.if you have any info about it ,please provide me .

Comment

Here are stored various firmware. I sadly forget which of our fine members created the resource.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

G-Luck

Comment

Originally posted by maxim33 View Post

Thanx for your response, it was the first time, when I inserted the memory card in the box, while it was on and at the home screen. As i inserted the card, a sound like a brrrr..... Happened and display from screen vanished to a light green color and humming noise outcomes from the speaker, power led gone red, remote control not working, so i have shut it down. I have removed the sd card and after a few minutes, powered on the box again and it was booted normally, and run smoothly for a few minutes and then it crashed suddenly, green noisy display and loud humming noise from speakers, no response to remote control .At this point the only option left is to power off the device by pulling power cord,. After a few hours rest and a cold start it boot up normally and run for 5 minutes to 20 minutes and then crash suddenly with same symptoms. I also flashed superceleron rom for green pcb SCV4 and it run smoothly, sometimes for five minutes and crashes, and sometimes for more than fifteen minutes and then crashes. I also updated to SCV7 but it crashes during the boot process, so i again revert back to the SCV4. At Very first time when I inserted the sdcard and the box crashed i have never inserted sdcard in it. Maybe the fault happened on the time of first crash, the ram chip got damaged and now it leaves data stored on it randomly resulting the operating system to get crashed.
                      Hi ,

try a better Powersupply , like 5V/3000mah .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

try a better Powersupply , like 5V/3000mah .

greetings / gefattern
                        thanks, i also tried with a DLINK 5Volt 3Amp supply, but nothing changes, also the supply of that box runs flawlessly on another box , so assume the power supply is ok till now.

Comment

Originally posted by maxim33 View Post
                          thanks, i also tried with a DLINK 5Volt 3Amp supply, but nothing changes, also the supply of that box runs flawlessly on another box , so assume the power supply is ok till now.
                          Hi ,

so maybe a Bug on the PCB ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                          X