Wifi drops with alfawise h96 pro plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi drops with alfawise h96 pro plus

I've just purchased this interesting TV box from Gearbest, and everything seemed to work fine till I noticed a peculiar problem with the wifi: even though it detects my router, after 30-60 seconds of connection the wifi just inexplicably drops. It looses the connection to regain it by itself once I open the settings. This has happened with two different routers and with the ssid security setting both open and protected by WPA, yet if I connect the device to my phone via a mobile hotspot the problem doesn't seem to present itself.
    I tried to use TV box without the case thinking it was a problem of shielding but nothing improved.
    Any idea how to solve this problem? Because for now the box is basically unusable for me, I bought it only to use it as a streaming device and I can't put an ethernet cable in the room it's supposed to be used in.

Originally posted by Dromedariush View Post
    I've just purchased this interesting TV box from Gearbest, and everything seemed to work fine till I noticed a peculiar problem with the wifi: even though it detects my router, after 30-60 seconds of connection the wifi just inexplicably drops. It looses the connection to regain it by itself once I open the settings. This has happened with two different routers and with the ssid security setting both open and protected by WPA, yet if I connect the device to my phone via a mobile hotspot the problem doesn't seem to present itself.
    I tried to use TV box without the case thinking it was a problem of shielding but nothing improved.
    Any idea how to solve this problem? Because for now the box is basically unusable for me, I bought it only to use it as a streaming device and I can't put an ethernet cable in the room it's supposed to be used in.
    Hi ,

i think it is the bad Firmware , do a Factoryreset , but backup your important Apps and data ,

try other Router settings , if this not helps you can try the great Rom of Superceleron for this

Box , look here :

but important is , that you use the right FW , this Box has different PCBs blue & green ones .

Best to read a little bit in this Thread and Section , before you do anything , small Hint , a new

and better Powersupply shall help . Now 5V/2000mah , better 5V/3000mah .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I have the blue motherboard version. I tried connectin it to my laptop but it won't be detected. This way I am unable to try and change the rom :/ the box turns on while being connected to the usb male to male cable, but nor my pc nor usb burning tool can detect its presence :/

Comment

Than use SDcard method.

However when You connect it to PC, does something in Device Manager change?
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Now at first i get the sound of a new device connected, but before i can do anything it disconnects by itself. By the way, where can I find a tuttorial regarding the sd method? I found it mentioned it in some posts but nothing in detail

Comment

Have You tried to push reset button after it disconnected?
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

yes, and it does the same thing: I get the "new device connected" sound and then it disconnetcs

Comment

Than I can try differen cable, PC or a microSD card method.

Comment

Ok, I menaged to install the new rom, for some reason I tried to keep the reset button pressed the whole time and that worked. But the problems persists, wifi always drops after a while (the time has increases I must say, from less than a minute to a few minutes, but still not really usable for streaming)

Comment

Originally posted by Dromedariush View Post
                    Ok, I menaged to install the new rom, for some reason I tried to keep the reset button pressed the whole time and that worked. But the problems persists, wifi always drops after a while (the time has increases I must say, from less than a minute to a few minutes, but still not really usable for streaming)
                    Hi ,

maybe u must make a Antenna Mod (external) , maybe a microbreak inside cable or similar ,

what about a refund for bad Box , i think because of popularity of H96Pro+ they made more

Boxes and this ends up in more bad PCBs ??? no good Quality Control ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Good luck getting Gearbest to refund me. They haven't even answered my ticket yet, and it's been almost 24 hours. I have no intention of getting soldering tools just to try and fix this piece of junk. I've even menaged to get a repeater connected to the ethernet port to try and use it that way but all the same, after a while it looses connection or it starts going very slowly (like 0.1 mbit/s while with the same repeater connected to my laptop in the same location I get 12-16 mbit/s). It's basically a internetless media center right now.

Comment

If they won't and You used PayPal than get refund through them. It's easier that way.

Comment

Working...
                        X