Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro (H2?) 2/16 Dongle dead - no ways to revive it

Hi guys,

Just received my H96 pro 2/16 dongle, seems to have a blue pcb design and only 2 chips behind the heatsink, as of the traditional devices that have 3.
    I wanted to reflash it with SuperCeleron's release but I accidentally left the "erase bootloader" option. The flash went well, however now the stick is dead and doesn't wanna start at all.
    Pressing the reset button and connecting it to the AMLogic USB Burning tool does not work - it does not get detected at all. I tried doing that with the male-to-male cable on both USB ports and also with the MicroUSB one.
    I also found a firmware version for that and made a microsd card with it with the Burn Card tool, pressed the reset button and then connected power and nothing on the monitor (should I disconnect the HDMI?).
    No pins to short around the flash, it's a BGA and the pcb is pretty clean around.
    In all cases, the red LED is on. However, nothing further happens...
    Should you have any idea, please help.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by deadrange2001; 02-04-2018, 09:17.

I have limited succes in respect that if I shorten some pins I can make the box being detected by USB Burning tool. However, after 2% progress, I get this message:
    [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error
    Anyone has any idea how to get rid of it?

Comment

Hey, if no one answers your with a proper reply, i recommend you copy the error message from your post and paste it into a Google Search. Put your text in Quotation marks and you should only see results with your text message or relevant results. Good Luck!

PS- I DID the search for you and what I got was these 2 results:

1) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the burning tool... Restart your PC machine and repeat the procedure like new

2) Try installing using the factory ROM on an SD Card, using the "Toothpick" method (read elsewhere how to load ROM's using SD card)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you read through some of the forums, you'll find you aren't the only one who's had this issue....

You can get your original (Factory) ROM's from this place - Just perform a search for your BOX model: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/
      Last edited by Wyle; 02-05-2018, 04:34. Reason: additional Search info results

Comment

Hi Wyle and thanks for the answer.
        Did this already, also changed the laptop and the male2male USB cable. The SD card method does not work either. I think I stumbled over a newer hardware version
        The version I have uses the 8723 realtek chip and has 2/16GB and IIRC the firmware is newer than the 20170810 version is on that site..
        The "toothpick" method (reset button) does not work at all, as mentioned above. I think I am pioneering into a new world of problems...

Comment

deadrange2001
          Did You open the Box? If yes, than what it says on the Board (there should be some text near the SoC chip). Mostly it says S32-Vx or ZH01-S912-TVBOX-Vx.
          ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

It is exactly like the one here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry68661572
            I will try this procedure, hope it works.

Comment

That may and should work. Good luck.
              ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

It worked!
                just followed the exact steps on the page and use exactly the pins and the firmware version the guy says.

Comment

Working...
                X