H96 Pro+ U-Boot problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro+ U-Boot problem

Hi there, is there anyone who is running LE on H96 Pro+ and are able to turn the box on with their remote. Can you please confirm which box version you have and what Android FW you have installed? Not sure why the other post discussing this topic has been closed :-(
    H96 Pro+ 3/32 CZ-S32-V5 BLUE

I think the problem is that LE is generic firmware, so all the settings are generic one and H96 may use nongeneric config for it's remote.

If there is an remote config file in LE firmware than it may be possible to edit it with data from config from official firmware?
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

yes, it is indeed possible to edit the remote.conf file in LE, however this is allegedly a different issue specifically caused by invalid u-boot of (the vast majority of) the H96.

Comment

In the rev. wisdom, lets turn it on and off with the remote in libreelec. But it does not turn off completely, causing it to occasionally turn on alone.
        P.D: Neither does the power LED work.

Comment

Can you please confirm your FW / ROM version?

Comment

Originally posted by tyrol_gangster
            Can you please confirm your FW / ROM version?
            This is the ROM, which I use in my H96 PRO+ (Wisdom)

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

just an update - a solution to this issue has now been found, see thread called 'Remote power trouble' at LE forums

Comment

Have read the thread, it looks like uboot is the problem. But the installation is very complicated, especially the shorting of the pins! Is it possible to make it easier otherwise?

Comment

no need to short the pins, just follow post86568

Comment

Can you post the link plz, i can't find it.

Comment

Hi, I am still trying to get my head round why the remote power on / off behaves differently in terms of Android v. LE on my H96 Pro Plus 3/32 4K, no matter what remote.conf file I use. On Android, when on the blue led is on and when off a red led is on.…

not sure if posting links is allowed here, sorry if not and admins please delete

Comment

Here's a link to an amended Android ROM (Wisdom), in which the fixed u-boot.bin_DDR3@792Mhz has been already incorporated and it's been tested on green v2.2 H96Pro+ board with normal DDR3 (not LPDDR3):

S912_H96_3G_DDR34_171120_MAC_ubootfix.7z

Flash the ROM via USB Burning Tool v2.1.2 or Burn Card Maker v2.0.3 on your own risk, of course.

Comment

Thank you for sharing!
                          If I then flash the celeron rom, is the fixed uboot preserved?

Comment

No.

Comment

Working...
                            X