[INFO REQUEST] Kodi and/or AC3 codecs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[INFO REQUEST] Kodi and/or AC3 codecs ?

Hi, recently bought an MXQ PRO on geekbuy site ... the offer was saying "MXQ PRO Android 7.1 KODI 17.3 Amlogic S905W 1GB/8GB 4K TV BOX 802.1.1b/g/n WIFI LAN HDMI", and AC3 was in the listed codecs, but there was no Kodi player installed, only TVMC, and no support at all for AC3 - Dolby - DTS audio tracks, opposite to what was indicated (videos with these tracks play correctly the images, but totally mute) ... and in the info screen of my player, there is only indicated "Model p281", "Android 7.1.2", and not too much other.

Being a $25 player, i suppose there's not too much to do (maybe go and bash the fraudly seller with a rusty spiked mace , but travel to China only for this, appear a bit too much effort ), but i want to try, if possible, to add these codecs (and maybe the Kodi player, if i find a way for do that, i'm not an expert).

There is someone that know if these codecs can be added, maybe copying their files somewhere in the internal disk, or installing them with a program ? ... and, about Kodi, i've found on Kodi.tv site that only 3 versions are available, 1 google and 2 arm, but no versions for Amlogic S905 ... one of these are good for Amlogic too ? ... and support AC3 / Dolby codecs once installed ?

Regards.

N

Originally posted by Ninjin View Post
    Hi, recently bought an MXQ PRO on geekbuy site ... the offer was saying "MXQ PRO Android 7.1 KODI 17.3 Amlogic S905W 1GB/8GB 4K TV BOX 802.1.1b/g/n WIFI LAN HDMI", and AC3 was in the listed codecs, but there was no Kodi player installed, only TVMC, and no support at all for AC3 - Dolby - DTS audio tracks, opposite to what was indicated (videos with these tracks play correctly the images, but totally mute) ... and in the info screen of my player, there is only indicated "Model p281", "Android 7.1.2", and not too much other.

Being a $25 player, i suppose there's not too much to do (maybe go and bash the fraudly seller with a rusty spiked mace , but travel to China only for this, appear a bit too much effort ), but i want to try, if possible, to add these codecs (and maybe the Kodi player, if i find a way for do that, i'm not an expert).

There is someone that know if these codecs can be added, maybe copying their files somewhere in the internal disk, or installing them with a program ? ... and, about Kodi, i've found on Kodi.tv site that only 3 versions are available, 1 google and 2 arm, but no versions for Amlogic S905 ... one of these are good for Amlogic too ? ... and support AC3 / Dolby codecs once installed ?

Regards.

N
    This device is terrible with Kodi.
    You only hope is SPMC but even that won't work with AMLCodec unless you root and edit your public_libraries.txt file to add it.

Comment

Hi, thanks but i already lost you (i'm in the "hardware" field, and know very few about programming, especially Android).

But, as i understand, there is no ways for do that in any easy system ? ... so, basically, the easiest way for play these files is to convert all them changing the audio codec in MP3, maybe ? (i don't care about "dolby" effect, i only have an old 40" lcd screen with no "4K" nor any other special thing, and basically that i want is just have the possibility to see my videos, so it's not a problem changing them ... i was just hoping that there was an easy way for not have to load all the videos in a converter program and launch it for some day)

Comment

Working...
      X