Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO W 2.4G Voice Control TV Box - (2.4G VOICE CONTROL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please upload firmware M8S PRO W-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180312.181951.V0213 TV Stock

Comment

I'm facing two issues with this box, the remote misses some clicks so i have to press several times to walk trough the menus and the worst, the box is not waking from sleep after a long time of inactivity... is anyone facing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by vondutch View Post
        I'm facing two issues with this box, the remote misses some clicks so i have to press several times to walk trough the menus and the worst, the box is not waking from sleep after a long time of inactivity... is anyone facing the same?
        Me neither.
        I bought this model on April, 30 and arrived on May, 15 at Gearbest.

The software build is exactly this: 20180312.181951.V0213.

The problem is the lag sometimes with 2.4G remote and wireless signal is terrible. Using here a Mi Router 3G with Padavan and all devices works very great, but this Android Box is unfortunate. My ISP provides 35 Mbps and it achieve just 8 Mbps side by side at the router.
        Another problem is the HDMI CEC doesn't work completly. It just turn off and navigate on Android TV Launcher. Turn the TV didn't turn on the Box. Tested on LG with Simplink.

I regretted not having invested in Mi Box 3.
        Last edited by alefmm; 05-28-2018, 14:21.

Comment

Hello someone can upload the new firmware please?
          i have some bug with color when cec is on.
          I have the firmware of january

Comment

hello,
            i found the firmware of march on this page.

i try it yesterday for the moment everything work

Comment

Has anyone ever tested this rom?

Comment

How is everyones wifi reception? Mine is awful I barely get 15-20 mbps (a phone on the same place would get the full 72 mbps). Even YouTube gets cut let alone other not-so-big streaming sites...
                I've tried some Amazon prime apk aTV style and didn't work, did someone got it to work? Or is some required DRM support missing?
                How do you get adb to work with this boxes? I've used a usb cable and the box does not even exist for adb or even Windows...

Sent from my YT-X703F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thorazine74 View Post
                  How is everyones wifi reception? Mine is awful I barely get 15-20 mbps (a phone on the same place would get the full 72 mbps). Even YouTube gets cut let alone other not-so-big streaming sites...
                  I've tried some Amazon prime apk aTV style and didn't work, did someone got it to work? Or is some required DRM support missing?
                  How do you get adb to work with this boxes? I've used a usb cable and the box does not even exist for adb or even Windows...

Sent from my YT-X703F using Tapatalk
                  Amazon Prime on the Pro L - needs ethernet to avoid buffering !!!

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...211#post726211

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                  I found a way to watch Amazon prime contents on this device.

It can't be done through the Amazon app as we all know now, if nothing has changed since the last time I tried, but it can be done through Kodi. All you need is

Kodi 18 Leila (I used the latest Nightly)
                  Amazon addon by Sandmann79 (it can be installed through this repo https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip)

Once finished installing, open the Amazon video or Amazon Vod addon (depending on the country you live in), and configure it by entering your email, password and the secret code that will be sent to your email account. Then it will automatically install some add-ons upon which it depends and ask you to enable Inputstream. Don't forget to select "playback with Input stream" during the configuration.
                  There can be still issues with the subtitles, otherwise the add-on works like a charm... I tried HD stream so far, I haven't tried full HD yet.

EDIT: Well, not like a charm, but it works

Comment

hi there everyone!
                    I have two mecool m8s pro w that I bought on GB (which I have regretted to buy it because it's a really shitty box) and I'm facing two problems. the main use of the box is IPTV streaming, private m3u playlist and movies/series streaming, using KODI.

1. I've installed the stock KODI from playstore but I noticed the streaming is not smooth as on my Beelink GT1U, it continuously has very small breaks during the playback. using WIFI or cable. I tried tweaking some KODI settings like framerate fallback, always adjust display refresh rate but nothing has solved the problem. I'm using KODI 17.6 Krypton (playstore).
                    2. tested the perfect player app from playstore, configured my m3u playlist and the playback is now smooth (not compared to KODI's playback with same HD channel). but now I'm facing a problem with perfect player, after a random period of time streaming, the box out of nowhere simply freeze and I can't do anything except pulling out the AC cable.

on my Beelink GT1u I don't have any of these problems.

idk what's happening, can someone help me with this? is there any other config I should do?
                    thank you very much!

Comment

Going to order a couple of Mecool M8S boxes.

Main use will be Kodi and streaming Android apps, not really interested in the voice control.

The Pro W is considerable cheaper than the Pro+, but which of both should be recommended.

I can read reviews, but most are paid for, so better ask here for someone who has used both.

Comment

Netflix stopped working or it's just me? (Error NW-6-404 i have the ATV version)

Comment

The solution thank to Snakx.
                        Here is the link that Snakx posted to resurrect Netflix in 1080P HD.... Scroll to post #60. Could not get a direct link to that post. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv

Comment

Working...
                        X