PMID701i Battery/Power Management Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i Battery/Power Management Issue

Over the last week or so, my year and a half old PMID701i has been experiencing sudden and unexpected shut-offs. The battery often won't charge above 89%, and it doesn't seem to last more than about 20 or 30 minutes. I did notice the last time it suddenly died, that the screen started to slightly flicker, but the battery still showed about 50%. It never gets down to the 'normal' 14% battery warning, it just dies.

Anyone else run across this sort of thing? Do I need to replace the battery (is that even doable?), or is there some sort of power management/stray process that I need to look into?

Thanx in advance.

Originally posted by ZetaX View Post
    Over the last week or so, my year and a half old PMID701i has been experiencing sudden and unexpected shut-offs. The battery often won't charge above 89%, and it doesn't seem to last more than about 20 or 30 minutes. I did notice the last time it suddenly died, that the screen started to slightly flicker, but the battery still showed about 50%. It never gets down to the 'normal' 14% battery warning, it just dies.

Anyone else run across this sort of thing? Do I need to replace the battery (is that even doable?), or is there some sort of power management/stray process that I need to look into?

Thanx in advance.
    I have two 701C's, a 701I (X13), a 703C and a 4311. Haven't had the problem you described....
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Well, figured out what was wrong with my 701i... I noticed that the case had split open and one of the corner screws went missing. Opened it up and found a puffed-up, bloated battery. Snipped the wire holding it in, screwed the case back together, and now I use it as an always plugged-in Pandora "server" in the bedroom.

Oh well, maybe I can find a 3.7v battery pack somewhere, some day.

Comment

Originally posted by ZetaX View Post
        Well, figured out what was wrong with my 701i... I noticed that the case had split open and one of the corner screws went missing. Opened it up and found a puffed-up, bloated battery. Snipped the wire holding it in, screwed the case back together, and now I use it as an always plugged-in Pandora "server" in the bedroom.

Oh well, maybe I can find a 3.7v battery pack somewhere, some day.
        Dude, just go on **** and buy a broken PMID701C or I (easy to find with cracked glass). Then you can just salvage the battery out of that one.
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Fortunately I don't have that problem. Mine however is taking longer to charge here lately.
          Last edited by cherylharrell1961; 11-11-2013, 10:59.
          Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Working...
          X