H96 PRO+ no video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 PRO+ no video

Hi, I was trying to plug a cooler in the USB port, but accidentally the positive and negative touched each other and then the led does not work anymore (blue and red one).

I used the box for a while (like 10+ hrs) without leds turning on, without problems, it was working normal, but now it dont turn on anymore.

The red light from SPDIF turns on, but no video. I connected the box on the pc through USB cable and the pc recognized it normally.

With USB Burning Tool I flashed a rom on it, but no video yet.

Probably some component was damaged. Is it possible to recover it?

I already changed the HDMI cables, hdmi ports (TV), and I cant test the AV port because my AV cable does not work on it.

My model is from Gearbest, green PCB, that one that has only 2 USB ports.

~~~Sorry for bad english~~~

Edit: I connect the box with male-to-male usb in the pc and now the blue leds turns on, but only through usb cable, not with 5v power supply
    Last edited by yurimcz; 02-25-2018, 21:17.

I have the same isue. Used it for couple of hours. No firmware updates has been done or no hardware mods has been done. Used it only for kodi. The box is turned on 24 hours a day. Never plugged/switched of the box. The next day I want to watch series, there is no video on the screen. Black screen. I thought the adapter of the box was plugged out, but it was not. I can see the blue led was off. The spdif red led was on. What happened? Is there a component damaged? Is the power supply damaged?
    (I've opened the box, and the PCB is green 2017-09-22, ZH01-S912-TVBOX-V3.0. Only have 2 USBs, Algile chip, 4 memory bank chips PE037-125 DG). Yurimcz, you have the same board? A white sticker/label : 3G+32G+9377, 20171014 , on the backside of the Green PCB.
    Last edited by Aangeboden; 03-06-2018, 12:55.

Comment

Yes, it's the same board, my problem was the power supply. Changed it and now it's working.

Comment

Power supply? But the power supply is working, otherwise the red Spdif led was not shining if the tv box is on. I've checked with a multimeter the power supply. And the power supply is not defect, I can measure 5 Volt. Strange, very strange. I will check with another power supply. Can't find one at home. Need to buy one in the shop. Is your power supply 5v with 2A, 2,5A or 3A? Any tips which one You need to purchase at Gearbest/Banggood? Will let you know if it is indeed the Power supply. Thanks for the response.
        Last edited by Aangeboden; 03-06-2018, 22:43.

Comment

Even though a power supply reads 5V, if the amps are too low, you'll be lucky to have it boot up and more fortunate if it continues to run.
          I found several at a Thrift/Goodwill shop...about $2 each. I have to replace the barrel on one(wrong size).

Comment

Like reaper man said, maybe amps are low.

I used a 5v 2a power supply.

I have another box and if I use the same power supply (h96) and a USB cable I can boot and it runs. But only the power supply not.

I can try it, use your power supply and an USB cable to power it. Idk if there's any risk doing it for a long time.

I didn't test this with h96 (the power supply are not with me).

I saw a YouTube video where the guy changed the capacitors and the power supply worked after that.

If that doesn't work I will buy another one. Many people said to buy one with 3 amps, because it needs more than 2 amps.

Comment

Working...
            X