Can't activate Say "OK Google" Anytime on W95 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't activate Say "OK Google" Anytime on W95 box

The option to Say "OK Google" Anytime is grayed out and so is OK Google detection. But Google Assistant works other than that.
    I have set a PIN but have a blank screen in Smart Lock. I have tried disabling and enabling Smart Lock in Trust Agents.
    Is this a problem with the firmware or there some other settings I need to change in Google to enable this?
    Thanks

maybe there is no MIC detected?

Comment

Voice works fine when I'm Google assistant and when I manually activate the mic on the Google keyboard. I'm trying to enable Google Assistant so it will work from any screen without using the mouse pointer to activate the mic.

Comment

Depending on the remote and its key map , i know that mecool remote has a search button which activates google tv assistant but then i have to press mic , so i guess its all down to key mapping

Comment

I'm using a MX3 remote with a voice button that I have to press while talking. However, the microphone function on the box needs to be active for it to work. As long as I'm in Google Assistant everything works OK (although it would be nice to not have to say OK Google since I need to press the mic button on the remote anyway). The problem occurs when follow a trail out of Google Assistant (i.e., go to a web page). There are no buttons on the remote that activate the mic (including the search button). I need to either back out back to Google or use the mouse pointer to point to the Home button on the bottom task bar and hold it down (a PITA with an air mouse) to bring up Google Assistant (holding down the Home button on the remote just takes me back to Home). None of the buttons on the original remote activate Google Assistant either.

Google's way around this (as far as I can tell) is to activate Say "OK Google" Anytime and OK Google detection. However, these options are grayed out on my box. Users of other devices have had similar problems when Smart Lock isn't working correctly as indicated by a blank screen in Smart Lock. I have a blank screen in Smart Lock. What worked for some people (temporarily) was to toggle Smart Lock off and on in Trust Agents. I tried that and still have a blank screen in Smart Lock. A permanent fix for some required a firmware update. And it is not clear to me whether or not this is related to my problem.

So now I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with the W95 firmware or if there are some obscure settings somewhere that I need to change. A great work around would be to have the mic function in Google default to always active if there were someway to do that. Or somehow map a button on the remote to activate the mic.

So what do you guys think, firmware or settings?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X