Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaming (direct from browser) Full Episodes of ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX/USA as well as a laptop or workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming (direct from browser) Full Episodes of ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX/USA as well as a laptop or workstation

I'd like to have the same level of browser access direct to major network Full Episodes on my Minix x7 as I do on other (non TV-box) devices.

Do I spoof device type? I'm also trying to learn xbmc, Navi-X, and TV Portal. Or do I just bail out, and subscribe to Hulu Plus while I learn the device?

And more importantly: Tons of thanks to Finless and the whole big gang for all the help and ROMs you've been putting out there. I've been following the site for months. Youall are amazing.

Bob Gruber
    tv box newbie
    UNIX / Linux System Admin
    Last edited by bikinbob; 08-31-2013, 14:55. Reason: Title misleading.

I've made a lot of progress on a test device (linux workstation w/XBMC). Got 1Channel and Project Free TV going. Excellent. I'll bang around on the x7 later.

So how do we go direct from browser, or other app store?

Comment

So this is totally fun. A number of the right repos and addons --> blows my mind at the level of functionality available.

Did have one hiccup, xbmx freeze on exit. Consistant. Disabled repo installer, symptom gone. xbmc log files, wiki, and timing provided all the hints needed.

Bob Stillahack

Comment

Originally posted by bikinbob View Post
        So this is totally fun. A number of the right repos and addons --> blows my mind at the level of functionality available.

Did have one hiccup, xbmx freeze on exit. Consistant. Disabled repo installer, symptom gone. xbmc log files, wiki, and timing provided all the hints needed.

Bob Stillahack
        Bob - I'd be interested to learn how you managed to set up XBMC for streaming. I have used VideoMixPro / Megaleacher etc on my Nexus 7 using a browser (often Puffin) but I dont know if its possible to achieve this via XBMC standalone?

I'm a XBMC newbie
        Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
          Bob - I'd be interested to learn how you managed to set up XBMC for streaming. I have used VideoMixPro / Megaleacher etc on my Nexus 7 using a browser (often Puffin) but I dont know if its possible to achieve this via XBMC standalone?

I'm a XBMC newbie
          One of the xbmc add-ons had streaming of live US feeds available. I only tried a couple, and the picture quality was marginal. I'll try to get on the box later and find you which add-on that was. I think SportsDevil might also have some live sports feeds. I'll check on that too. Adding SportsDevil has been on my list, just haven't gotten there yet.

You might also look into Navi-X, which appeared to be a little more focused on content from that side of the pond. There's some complication due to lost DNS registration (and associated configuration fixes required) or using a competing low price add-on that is configured properly. Might be worth the pound or so to simplify newbie config. But the learning experience with the free one provides some good training.

I'm very newbie too, but I'm way way way better than I was a week ago. I'm pretty convinced the experienced xbmc-ers fly around that app in total reflex mode (without a thought).

Later,

Bob G.

Comment

Working...
          X