Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro+ ROM

Hello guys,

i just habe an H96 Pro Plus with 2GB/16GB the box just fine but the standard launcher is little bit buggy. Memory Cleaner is not working, Youtube only with 1.xx.xx, Status bar is not hiden if im looking youtube clips, launcher is ugly, things like that. So im searching an new Rom i think i have DDR3 because i have the 2gb version and android 6.0.1. What is the best solution to update my box on android 7 or an custom rom and which is compatible.

Best option for You is to open it and check variant's name. Than You could start looking for firmware working with this variant.

Are You sure it's 2/16 not 3/16? I think You are second person with 2/16 so finding right firmware, even official one, may be hard... even impossible.
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
      Best option for You is to open it and check variant's name. Than You could start looking for firmware working with this variant.

Are You sure it's 2/16 not 3/16? I think You are second person with 2/16 so finding right firmware, even official one, may be hard... even impossible.
      Thanks i opened it, its 2/!6 cz-s32-v2.2

Comment

Hmm... You should be able to use one of this firmwares as they are for S32-V2.2 and V3: https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!pjRnUKBK
        However superceleron's rom may not work as they are made for variant with 3 GB of RAM.
        ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Hmm... You should be able to use one of this firmwares as they are for S32-V2.2 and V3: https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!pjRnUKBK
          However superceleron's rom may not work as they are made for variant with 3 GB of RAM.
          Its an moded or original firmware?

Comment

There are only original unmodded images users got from sellers (or Alfawise, Amlogic, don't know) and shared somewhere on the web.

Comment

There are only original unmodded images users got from sellers (or Alfawise, Amlogic, don't know) and shared somewhere on the web.
              Do u think its better to stay on android 6 or to update on android 7 maybe its not worth to update

Comment

Don't know. If You mean Android as Android than 7.1 will be better choice than 6.0.
                However my Box came with 7.1, so I have no way to compare 6.0 and no way to know what was fixed and what broken with the update.

Comment

For what it's worth(my memory is terrible)

Android 6: 32 bit; smoother video play back; system/app memory tweak apks work; file explorer root access through SuperSu; Titanium Back-up works; Mouse would occasionally disappear(need reboot)(SCV1A); rare audio fall-out (reboot)

Android 7: 64 bit; smooth video playback is botched; system app tweaks fail to work(Nougat restriction); seems faster(SCV7a ​ ); SuperSu does not work(4pda.ru hack);

​​Magisk beta v16 works good for root(it's the future method of rooting?); Titanium Back-up does not work right(for me?); (WebGL radomly fails ( for me) -reboot)

I suggest trying Android 6 (if the new PCBs can still run Android 6?). If you get bored or frustrated ..move on the Android 7. You can always go back.(TWRP back-up helps alot)

Comment

ReaperMan
                    Titanium works for me with 7.1.2 and MAGISK, however it's superceleron's 7.1.2, so it may be that.
                    As for support of MM, than only S32-V2.2 and V3 have images with 6.0.1, so I wouldn't try them on anything other...
                    And MAGISK is not only the future of rooting, but the future of Android modding. I remember there were even some kind of crazy idea to use it for multibooting :P

Comment

I have an Alfawise H96 Pro+ 3/32 with the same PCB (cz-s32-v2.2) originally with Android 6. My main problem was that the videos (from kodi, streaming, etc) were too dark. I Found out on Google that this problem was solved upgrading to Android 7.
                      The other problem was that none of ROM of HERE works with this PCB model because was made by "Wisdom". The only ROM's with Android 7 that work for me are from HERE.
                      There are another good ROM's that solved my problem. They are from Superceleron and built with Android 6. One is with "normal" Android 6 HERE and the other with Android TV 6 HERE.

Comment

Did You check this part of MEGA drive with images?
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Maybe You have H96 branded as S912 and that's why 7,1,2 for "unbranded" H96 doesn't work for You?
                        However I believe they should. It's same PCB... And are You sure Your v2.2 were made by Wisdom. All V2.2 were made long before Wisdom...

Comment

I tested almost all "Hcygood" ROM's and none of them worked. When I almost quit the idea to upgrade to Android 7 I make a last test with a "Wisdom" ROM and the magic happened!

Comment

@ ch3mn3y,
                            If you do a TWRP back-up or upgrade SCV4(Use Titanium) to SCV7A. Titanium in SCV7A can still see your back-up files(EX SD Card) from SCV4?
                            I can back-up an read during current set-up...but if I upgrade..flash..My Titanium will not see the files in any back-up folder. It can still see and use files when made under SuperSu...year or two old...

Comment

Don't know. I didn't made any backup on SCV4. However it saw backup of official firmware on SDV7A, which existed after flashing SCV4.
                              Did You try to readd the folder with backups? Using the DocumentProvider way?

Comment

Working...
                              X