Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AlfaWise H96 PRO+ will not turn on.

Hello,

I need help, my AlfaWise H96 PRO+ box will not turn on. there is the red SPDIF light is on, but still the box will not turn on. Dose any one have any idea.

Natebc

Try with à other Power supply. A Power supply with more ampere but same voltage is the solution for me.
    Last edited by woody3375; 03-21-2018, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by woody3375 View Post
      Try with à other Power supply. A Power supply with more ampere but same voltage is the solution format me.
      Hi,

So use a 5V with 1a or 2a? Do you know the best please to buy?
      Natebc

Comment

5V starting at minimum 2.5 Amp. up to 3 or 4 Amps.
        Gearbest, Geekbuying, Banggood...your local Thrift/Goodwill store may have $1-2 power adapters on the shelves.

Comment

personally I use a power suply of 4A.

Comment

ReaperMan woody3375
            Any Gearbest, Geekbuying, Banggood, AliExpress, etc. recommendations?
            What's the diameter of the plug?

PS. I don;t have any locac store with cheap power adapters. Or at least I don't know about any nearby. That's why China is my bet friend
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Barrel connector's outer diameter and inner diameter must both match device power opening.
              Otherwise the plug won't fit being too tight or too lose (like bad underwear).

When ordering, first contact and specify for Android T.V. box ..include model name. Many of these suppliers also have China boxes and they can source the proper items.

1. If you already have a bad power supply, check at a local pawn/junk shop and bring your power supply to match...

2. You can measure the outer metal jacket for "snug" size and I use the smooth end of a drill bit to figure internal opening of the jack(my drill bits are tossed about but possibly 4/64th or 5/64th ) 1.58mm-1.98mm?
              The dept/ length of the barrel can be a concern , you can get really short ones that may slip in but slip/ knock out easily.

3. If the Volt/Amp meets your need but barrel size is wrong, cut off the old connector and replace it on the used power adapter. Cheap, easy, convenient.

Comment

A1. Mine is OK. No problems, but I would love to have backup one (more like use original as backup) and have additional amperes for this 2 hidden USB ports.
                A2. I know, but wanted to have something to compare as some of You already got new adapters, so I thought that maybe You should know exact dimensions.
                A3. True, but knowing myself it wouldn't live to long. And it would be the best outcome
                ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Has any one seen this, use the USB slot to power up the unit?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Don't think it is possible. All USB ports seems to be only DC out, not in.

Comment

Originally posted by Natebc View Post
                      Has any one seen this, use the USB slot to power up the unit?

Well I do something similar. If I shutdown my box sometimes it will not restart. Ive reprogrammed many times using male usb to male usb (I believe I have a dud) using supercelerons work. If I leave the box in standby it will turn on. If I shut it down it may not start. Ive already have upgraded the power supply and I thought I had it fixed. No luck problem came back (clicking sound, sometimes a dim led light).

When I program the box I don't even use a power supply. Hold recovery pin and plug in the USB connectors to computer and box. Prgrams fine with a bright led blue light.

When I have problems (box will not start) all I do is use my male to male usb cable and then use my apple wall charger (ac to usb). The box then boots to home screen. I reconnect my power supply and I'm back in business. This is ok for me but not really friendly for family.

I'm waiting for something new to come out (Ive had good luck with GT1 's).
                      My box has been a headache. It wont be long for me to move on.

Comment

I have same problem. My h96 not works with ac power suplly,I checked it with a tester and it gives 5v. I must feed my h96 with a usb charger with usb male.

Comment

MIne is the same. When I leave it in standby it will power up fine and work excellent. If I completely shutdown it is iffy itf it will start ( usually just a dim led light).
                          When the dim light occurs with me I connect an external supply to the usb port and it will fire up.

Comment

Originally posted by Natebc View Post
                            Hello,

I need help, my AlfaWise H96 PRO+ box will not turn on. there is the red SPDIF light is on, but still the box will not turn on. Dose any one have any idea.

Natebc
                            I finally fixed mine this way - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...555#post716555

Comment

Working...
                            X