How can I reflash with a broken otg port? Imito MX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I reflash with a broken otg port? Imito MX2

I broke my otg port and am running Bob's Finless 1.7a rom it works great except I can't get my webcam to work. It always says Gallery has stopped. I had it running in Finless 1.5 but, I cant go back to that one or the newer one without a otg port. Can someone please explain to me my options to do a upgrade or downgrade so I can get my webcam back up. I don't know how to do it... I am trying and have been using a logitech c310 webcam. I also have a powered hub that worked the webcam before the upgrade to 1.7a which I love. Thanks Bob for your hard work here.

Please Help thanks,
    Markus

I am not sure if I can solder it back on it is so small Any advice on how to do this will be great also.
    I wanted to add...could I make a full size OTG cable to use in the full size usb port?
    Last edited by Markus31788; 09-04-2013, 15:25.

ikkie problem! :/

if you can desolder the broken socket, then your easier way might be to directly solder a cable onto the board using the connections that the socket used...

I think that the otg isn't used in host mode so pin 4 shouldn't need connecting - but do check!

be careful of putting too much heat into the board mind, and make sure you take static precautions
    you'll also need good light and magnification

good luck...!

I have soldered onto small boards like these with success but you do need to be careful.

Comment

Working...
    X