Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with HDMI output dying

Hello

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me with my Alfawise H96 pro+ 3/64 box.

It was working fine for the first week and then it stopped waking up from sleep,
    but I used the reset button and then it ran for another day or two and then it stopped waking up again so I had to reset.
    Then, a few days later, it died entirely. Had to factory reset.
    Read that the power supply usually is crap so I bought a new one hoping it would fix it (new cable, cellphone adapter 3A 5V).

Worked great again.

Now to my current problem.

It dies straight after (sometimes even during boot). HDMI output just stops working. LED is still solid blue, just no picture at all.
    I have tried different ROMs, superceleron and some others I found. Tried flashing with USB-cable and with SD-card.
    Same thing everytime, every ROM.

Also tried connecting to my computer monitor, my main TV and my bedroom TV. Same thing. Also tried different HDMI-cables.

I now installed a "MBOX"-ROM again and looked at the log-file.

It says "systemcontrol: HDCP authenticate fail, need black screen and disable audio".

Has anyone had this problem?

Here's a Imgur link to some pictures I took of the box and the log.

I'm thankful for any help I can get.

Hmm, not sure.
    Can you return the China Box to the vendor(E-bay, Amazon, Paypal), does it have a warranty?

Could still be a problem with under-powered adapter.
    If you have a powered USB hub..or battery pack(?), see if the extra power supply keeps the box stable.
    If you turn off T.V. ..wait...and back on,does your display return?
    Is your China Box exceptionally hot...is your HDMI cable hot at either end?
    You had the box open...double check for micro cracks at solder of HDMI socket.

Just pitching some ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X