H96 PRO+ Playback problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 PRO+ Playback problems

Hi guys wonder if you could help me out.

I have had a H96 PRO+ for about a year now and was so happy with it I recommended it to a friend.

The new one arrived the other day and I set it up to test and install kodi 17.6 and some addons before I gave it to him and when I tested the playback all the streams are jittery/jumpy but my original one works fine, It looks like its a problem with the video syncing with the refresh rate of my TV?

I have matched the playback settings on both H96's perfectly and mine works fine but the new one is jumpy. Is there any firmware available to sort this out or does anyone have a suggestion of a fix?

I have added a pic of the bottom of each of the boxes, obvious difference is the MB colour, green on mine and blue on new one and the new one came with a sticker?

Thanks in advance

Marty
    Click image for larger version

Name:	new (jumpy).jpg
Views:	272
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	722495Click image for larger version

Name:	mine (good).jpg
Views:	238
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	722496

Thought that upper one is Yours as I have blue PCB as well and no problems with playback.

You could try to flash newer firmware (there is one from this month) or one of SuperCeleron's firmwares. It should work better than stock one.

ZUK Z2 Pro ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Thanks for the help ch3mn3y

I have just tried to update to supercelerons and I am getting an error on the burning tool when trying to install:

[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Do you have a link for another I should try or should that one work? Sorry for all the question new to this....

Comment

I thought I should add some pictures so you can tell if I am trying to use the correct firmware.

I'm using the usb burn tool v2.1.2 and am trying to flash supercelerons SCV4 (blue) and am running into two errors the one in my post above and [0x00101004]Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error result

I done a search on the errors and tried what others had done, reinstall the world cup drivers and pressing the reset button 4-5 times after the error but still no luck. I also tried with power cable in and still would not work. It gets to 2% or something then just errors. anyway any help will be much appreciated and hope you guys can let me know if I am trying to install the correct image!

A link to the correct firmware would be great....

Thanks for any help guys

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180428-WA0004[1].jpg
Views:	216
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	722702Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180428-WA0002[1].jpg
Views:	243
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	722703Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180428-WA0001[1].jpg
Views:	228
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	722704

Comment

Woah! It seems to be some new variant. I cannot find it's name and sticker is totally different than I've ever seen...
          Mine (S32-V6, so latest blue H96 Pro+, latest before Yours) looks like on the attached picture. On the left from SoC (heat sink) there is it's name. I don't see anything similar on Yours

As for that error, jut push reset button with the pin and let it start over. My device was flashed after 3rd or 4th attempt. Not sure why it couldn't at first or second, but than it got through all the problems and now it works fine
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

OK thanks again.

Will give the reset button thing a try again tomorrow, do I just leave the box connected and press the reset or do I hold it down for a few seconds? When I have been pressing the reset button on my previous try's it doesn't seem to start the process again and I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in for it to work (only have to press reset on first try)

If I can't get it to work that way is the a way I can flash via usb stick?

Cheers

Comment

Pressing once should be enough, but in case of continous problems You may tru with pushing reset button for the whole time the process goes.

You may flash using SDcard. Don;t think it's possible with USB drive.

Comment

Could not get the box to flash no matter how many times I pushed reset!

In the end I decided to give kodi 18 a try and it worked, no stutters or jerky playback. Must not have liked something on kodi 17....

just wanted to say thanks for your help ch3mn3y

cheers

Comment

Working...
                X