Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to develop Android Stick TV :: CAR PC EDITION ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to develop Android Stick TV :: CAR PC EDITION ....

Hi All,

I've been doing my homework to develop a car pc/carputer for my vehicle using one of the Android RK 3188 Mini PC's but have not found answers to a few of my concerns. If you have any leads to the answers below, or can directly answer them yourself, I will be forever thankful for your help!

1. I read about these Android PC's supporting capacitive but not resistive touch screens. Is this true, and if not, can you recommend some 7" touch screens to use for these? I've owned a Lilliput 7" touch screen (got ran over by mother...somehow...) which used the eGalaxy Touchkit drivers, but have been unable to find support for the Mini PC Sticks. I am considering the purchase of a capacitive touchscreen if I can come up with the money, multi gestures would be nice!

2. GPS Workaround: In the past I used a tetherGPS app from my phone to the tablet. Is this still workable? If not, can you recommend some GPS solutions?

3. Camera: I want to add on a reverse camera. Can anyone point me at a compatible WEATHERPROOF, and possibly night vision, camera?

Thanks for all the help in advance. Also, if you have embarked on this same adventure, please share your setup here. I am also not sure which Android Stick to purchase yet, so any recommendations on that aspect would be much appreciated as well! I am currently leaning toward either the CX-919 or the Tronsmart MK908. Thanks again everyone!

Originally posted by Bizzle58 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been doing my homework to develop a car pc/carputer for my vehicle using one of the Android RK 3188 Mini PC's but have not found answers to a few of my concerns. If you have any leads to the answers below, or can directly answer them yourself, I will be forever thankful for your help!

1. I read about these Android PC's supporting capacitive but not resistive touch screens. Is this true, and if not, can you recommend some 7" touch screens to use for these? I've owned a Lilliput 7" touch screen (got ran over by mother...somehow...) which used the eGalaxy Touchkit drivers, but have been unable to find support for the Mini PC Sticks. I am considering the purchase of a capacitive touchscreen if I can come up with the money, multi gestures would be nice!
    Touchscreen can be definitely added, though it will require some customization of firmware and kernel. Otherwise, you just need a way to connect it (I presume we are talking about USB touchscreens, right?)

2. GPS Workaround: In the past I used a tetherGPS app from my phone to the tablet. Is this still workable? If not, can you recommend some GPS solutions?
    For this I'd suggest a Nokia GPS receiver, it works through BT, and is extremely reliable!

3. Camera: I want to add on a reverse camera. Can anyone point me at a compatible WEATHERPROOF, and possibly night vision, camera?

Thanks for all the help in advance. Also, if you have embarked on this same adventure, please share your setup here. I am also not sure which Android Stick to purchase yet, so any recommendations on that aspect would be much appreciated as well! I am currently leaning toward either the CX-919 or the Tronsmart MK908. Thanks again everyone!
    I have no guess about the camera, sorry.

Comment

hey fonix thanks for the reply! I had a feeling most usb touchscreen (capacitive's) would be natively supported. Do you know anything about this one? http://www.****.com/itm/New-SAMSUNG-...-/110659973152

Comment

I am also interested in doing something like this. My other question is how would you power the unit? If you wire it to some sort of 12VDC-5VDC adapter, triggered by ignition, than how would the unit power down 'gracefully'?

Comment

Working...
        X