Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please can somebody recommend an android tv box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can somebody recommend an android tv box?

I need a box that has bluetooth and will power an external HD and I will be able to run ONE of the MANY SAMBA for Android apps.

I have bought FIVE boxes so far and NONE of them will do ALL of these things. One will not power the HD, one does not have BT, one will not run ANY of the SAMBA apps. Ideally, I would like it to be able to install TWRP. The latest one I just got can do all of this, but even though it IS rooted, SuperSU seems to not work on it and then I think it also stops the SAMBA apps from working (I tried them all). And I can't get TWRP on any of them.

And YES, I would like the lest expensive one with these options. I only need THESE options so I would like to not pay for options I do not need. I won't need to play video games on it, or watch 3D or even 1080P. I just need BLUETOOTH, :POWERED USB and some way to get SAMBA support. I am at the end of my rope here!

Originally posted by tommymsw View Post
    I need a box that has bluetooth and will power an external HD and I will be able to run ONE of the MANY SAMBA for Android apps.

I have bought FIVE boxes so far and NONE of them will do ALL of these things. One will not power the HD, one does not have BT, one will not run ANY of the SAMBA apps. Ideally, I would like it to be able to install TWRP. The latest one I just got can do all of this, but even though it IS rooted, SuperSU seems to not work on it and then I think it also stops the SAMBA apps from working (I tried them all). And I can't get TWRP on any of them.

And YES, I would like the lest expensive one with these options. I only need THESE options so I would like to not pay for options I do not need. I won't need to play video games on it, or watch 3D or even 1080P. I just need BLUETOOTH, :POWERED USB and some way to get SAMBA support. I am at the end of my rope here!
    Hi ,

to be sure buy a Schield , what about Mecool M8S ... Models , or maybe the latest Ugoos Box ,

think they support Samba in there Roms , for this kind of Boxes u need a USB Hub with Power

support , hope u can find what u want , good luck

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Most android TV boxes run on 5v 2a
      Big Harddrives run on 12v 3a
      So, buy a external powered hard drive with USB (preferred usb3) or NAS like device

Note:
      Msata to usb3 = up to 32gb seems oke, but higher will takes away to much power from tvbox (even on usb3 ports)

i did read your older post's, reverse power
      I also fried a (12v) router with a usb3 port and a external powered usb3 hub...in hopes of running/sharing a 128gb msate/usb3 device on my network
      just bad luck it seems

Or perhaps a "Intel" (atom like) board running android x86 might be a good solution inside your RV

Goodluck

Comment

asked my friend what hey uses inside his car : Qgenie

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X