Selecting Firmware for H96 Pro Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting Firmware for H96 Pro Plus

Hi, The H96 Pro Plus Box that I have suddenly stopped booting. It shows the logo for a few seconds and then there is no signal.
    I contacted the original manufacturer and one of their representatives suggested flashing.
    However when I started with Flashing I kept getting errors. USB SETUP CONTROL ERROR.
    I've tried any different firmware images but didn't work for me as it always stopped at 2% or at 4%
    While googling I came across this forum and hope to get some help.

I've opened the case and noted the below mentioned information.

CZ | 3G+ 32G+ 9377
    JOB 20170504

Can someone please help with which firmware exactly should I use to flash?

Also, I hope this is not just simplistic issue of power adaptor?

Please suggest.

Experts. I'm new to this thing with not much technical knowledge. Would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

Comment

You should check other side of the PCB. The sticker You found only states that it's 3/32 version (most popular one) and that the PCB was created in may last year.

When You have this error, just push the reset button with pin. It should restart the flashing process and flash the firmware. For me it took 3-4 tries before it flashed without that error.
      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
        You should check other side of the PCB. The sticker You found only states that it's 3/32 version (most popular one) and that the PCB was created in may last year.

When You have this error, just push the reset button with pin. It should restart the flashing process and flash the firmware. For me it took 3-4 tries before it flashed without that error.
        I'm going to try this now. Thank you.

Comment

There are three types of errors for three different setups. Which makes me understand all three firmware version I'm using are wrong.

aml_7.1_s912_q9377_H96PROPLUS_allapp_KDMC_LP_mac_2 0180411

Ebox_H96_Pro_+.7.1.2

aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_LP_KDMC_mac-20171010

Tried the reset button also with all three firmware versions.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by kcalpesh View Post
            There are three types of errors for three different setups. Which makes me understand all three firmware version I'm using are wrong.

aml_7.1_s912_q9377_H96PROPLUS_allapp_KDMC_LP_mac_2 0180411

Ebox_H96_Pro_+.7.1.2

aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_LP_KDMC_mac-20171010

Tried the reset button also with all three firmware versions.

Hi ,

did you used the right Port , what about the USB Cable ???

what about Supercelerons CustomRom for this Box , to find

here on FT . Todays Post . mostly .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I managed to power up the box using Male to Male USB cable with Samsung galaxy s8 plus charger adapter. It loaded the interface and I was able to use some apps. However that didnt last long as the power was lost very soon.

When powered by USB port it does boot and come to home page but as soon as you start a game or app like Netflix it shuts in few seconds.

Ihard rpressed the reset button and did a factory reset but that didnt help too. The power problem persists.

The original adaptor just doesn't work.

Comment

If your PCB is blue just try to flash the fw: [ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2 (DDR3/DDR4 and 9377 Wifi Chipset)

I have box from 20170505 so it's only one day difference to your.

When it will be still powering off on more demanding videos/apps just change your power adapter to 5V - 3A should fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X