Minix X7 Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix X7 Mini

While I was deciding between Minix X5 Mini and Minix X7, Minix X7 Mini became available. I ordered one today from a german store.

It's around 25 euros cheaper than X7, 2 usb ports, no wi-fi antenna. For me was a better solution, though I'm afraid it won't have the dev support X7 will get (from what I've seen, X5 ROM's don't work on X5 Mini).

What do you guys think?

I am getting one as well. It is smaller, cheaper and has everything I need. Hope developers will be able to port their roms to work with X7mini.

Comment

Minix X7 Mini

Price difference between the X7 and X7 Mini is minimal compared to the extra hardware capability, not to mention DOUBLE the nand flash... so what you get extra and not dealing with the rom headaches, I see no point in the Mini personally. If you are spending that kind of money, why cheap out at the last minute?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
        Price difference between the X7 and X7 Mini is minimal compared to the extra hardware capability, not to mention DOUBLE the nand flash... so what you get extra and not dealing with the rom headaches, I see no point in the Mini personally. If you are spending that kind of money, why cheap out at the last minute?
        It’s not just the price that made me order the mini it’s how it looks compared to X7. I don’t like the sticking out antenna and the size is quite bigger on X7. There is nothing extra on X7 except some ports witch I don’t use anyway. Never had any problems with storage on other sticks with the same memory since I stream everything and I can always expand it if needed. It just fits better my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
          It’s not just the price that made me order the mini it’s how it looks compared to X7. I don’t like the sticking out antenna and the size is quite bigger on X7. There is nothing extra on X7 except some ports witch I don’t use anyway. Never had any problems with storage on other sticks with the same memory since I stream everything and I can always expand it if needed. It just fits better my needs.
          I bought the X7 3 weeks after I got the X5mini. Custom ROM for the mini is practically zilch, nada.. The moment I got the X7, custom ROMs were steadily coming up. I bought the mini because of the smaller form factor, but considering the non existant development for it, the X7 was to replace that.

But I understand your thoughts... I'm really disappointed with the mini and sold it off because the video stutters and there weren't any other options to try different ROMs or kernels..

Comment

I'm divided: I know the lack of support is a strong possibility, but I'm just not in the mood of spending 145 euros. I've bought Mini for 120 euros (is not much of a diference, but it's just what I've had in mind). I think I can still cancel the order on Mini, I'll have to think better about it.

Comment

Minix X7 Mini

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
              Well, to each there own, but I've never let aesthetics dictate my purchase on something like this. Performance and hardware capability, especially when you don't want to regret having that extra port or more storage down the road when something comes up you want to do that now requires a feature you don't have, will always win out over looks for me. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, especially with the minor overall difference in price. It's an investment, hopefully for years to come, so aesthetics is the last reason to shoot yourself in the foot. Besides, you'll be spending more time looking at the TV running android and not staring at the device that is outputting it, am I right?

btw, if you primarily use Ethernet on these devices, the big wifi antenna is removable for aesthetics.
              Last edited by Jbardi; 09-11-2013, 17:25.

Comment

Working...
              X