Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXQ PRO+, spdif port has no red light and no sound? how to fix? Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ PRO+, spdif port has no red light and no sound? how to fix? Settings?

Hi I got a MXQ PRO+, I don't know what board it has.

it's this one: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-...GB-385604.html

But my spdif port is not working, there is no red light coming out at all, and of course there is no sound coming out.

Does anyone know how to get that spdif port working? maybe with red light coming out? through settings?

I'm really desperate, as I got two of them both have no red light coming out.

Thanks a lot.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

I think you will find if it has no door on the SPDIF if uses a 3.5mm to RCA cable not Optical, no red light

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1216
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	728792

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      I think you will find if it has no door on the SPDIF if uses a 3.5mm to RCA cable not Optical, no red light

Name:	1.png
Views:	1216
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	728792
      Thanks for the quick response... but what does it mean no door? do you mean spdif it's the circle one? with no cover?

The square one optical with cover?

My knowledge on this is very limited. I bought a spdif to optical cable (in picture), but I think without the red light it's not going to work.

how does digital sound transfer by fibre work without light?

I thought the spdif should work like in this picture... does it mean there are different type of spdif port?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

my speaker system only has one of this port, works with my ps3 and ps4 which are all optical with red lights.

So how can I get the sound directly to my speakers, in digital format would be the best, so output sound still has DTS (digital) etc instead of Dolby Pro Logic II (this is not digital, correct?)

Again, my knowledge is very limited. Sorry if I got it wrong. Please correct me, much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I think your model uses cable I have mentioned looking at the picture of the box.

Name:	MXQ-PRO--Android-7-1-2-Amlogic-S905X-4K-TV-BOX-2GB-16GB-Black-20170909144420587.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	728808

Normally If it has Optical SPDIF these media players it has a small cover/door and the cable is Square both ends,
          Newer units are using cable like the one you have pictured but normally not on these media player or as I have seen yet.

Name:	2.png
Views:	981
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	728809
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

SPDIF CONNECTIONS EXPLAINED

SPDIF is a standard for transmitting high-quality digital audio without going through an analogue conversion process. It is used for connecting Hi-FI Equipment, DVD players, CD players, Mini-Disc Players, Sound cards etc.

The SPDIF interface can be implemented in two different ways “coaxial and optical”

Coaxial
            This interface uses RCA phono connectors and 75 Ohm coaxial cable.

Optical
            This interface uses fibre optic cable and is available with two types of connectors - TosLink (shown left below) and Mini Optical (shown right).

Mini-optical connectors are sometimes called Mini-Toslink, MiniPlug or Mini Optical jacks, but they all refer to the same connector, as pictured above!

The mini-optical connector is typically used on portable CD and MD players, but it is also used on other audio devices. The TosLink connector is commonly used on DVD and CD players, DAT recorders, surround sound receivers etc.
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

SPDIF CONNECTIONS EXPLAINED

The SPDIF interface can be implemented in two different ways “coaxial and optical”
              Thanks a lot for the explanation. I got tears in my eyes when I saw that, why they use same name for two different things. Just confuses people. T_T

Anyway, obviously I got the player for the wrong reason. So how can I convert coaxial which has no light to my optical input speaker system which uses the red light?

Do I need a converter or something? with the power source I guess? to generate the red light?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

I see some converters here

Have not used may help, maybe cheaper/ to get box with optical.?
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I see some converters here

Have not used may help, maybe cheaper/ to get box with optical.?
                  I couldn't find any box can delivery to me with optical port when I bought mine.

Only a few ones with spdif, and I thought spdif is as same as optical, which a lot of internet articles suggests. So wrong that turned out.

I think most of these boxes are going for cheap, instead of functions or quaulity.

Comment

Working...
                  X