Best firmware for S912?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best firmware for S912?

Since these boxes can run various firmware I was wondering what is the best S912 firmware?

I have a Tanix TX92. I'm running the Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware in the box. It's the same box as Tanix. My device is running much better with the Vorke firmware than the Original Tanix TX92 firmware that came with the box. But it's not perfect and I still have some issues with this firmware. What is the best 912 firmware in your opinion?

Originally posted by maga_man View Post
    Since these boxes can run various firmware I was wondering what is the best S912 firmware?

I have a Tanix TX92. I'm running the Vorke Z6 Plus Firmware in the box. It's the same box as Tanix. My device is running much better with the Vorke firmware than the Original Tanix TX92 firmware that came with the box. But it's not perfect and I still have some issues with this firmware. What is the best 912 firmware in your opinion?
    I have been testing and looking for best firmware on my own.

7.1.2 Android TV will be the Russian Ugoos AM3_2.0.6_006

Standard 7.1.2 is stock AM3 2.0.6

6.0.1 again is Ugoos AM3 1.1.6 firmware, it has file sharing built in, and very stable, with lots of settings and features.

Recently my stock firmware had been upgraded to be darned good for OEM on a low budget box. Out side of missing sharing services, no reason to go to Ugoos, unless I want to mod it out on 6.0.1, which allows lots more fully working xposed module options.

Though, wife likes Android TV, so Russian modded AM3 firmware will probably be my choice.

As for any of them working on your box, you may need to obtain WiFi, keylayout, remote file, and twrp separately as the stock versions may not have drivers or remote options for your box.

Going to the Russian site may have already modded AM3 firmware for your box or Vorke, so that will be fairly easy to flash and use for you, if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

I have been testing and looking for best firmware on my own.

7.1.2 Android TV will be the Russian Ugoos AM3_2.0.6_006

Standard 7.1.2 is stock AM3 2.0.6

6.0.1 again is Ugoos AM3 1.1.6 firmware, it has file sharing built in, and very stable, with lots of settings and features.

Recently my stock firmware had been upgraded to be darned good for OEM on a low budget box. Out side of missing sharing services, no reason to go to Ugoos, unless I want to mod it out on 6.0.1, which allows lots more fully working xposed module options.

Though, wife likes Android TV, so Russian modded AM3 firmware will probably be my choice.

As for any of them working on your box, you may need to obtain WiFi, keylayout, remote file, and twrp separately as the stock versions may not have drivers or remote options for your box.

Going to the Russian site may have already modded AM3 firmware for your box or Vorke, so that will be fairly easy to flash and use for you, if that is the case.
      Hmmm... Interesting. Could you please post the link where I may find these firmware? Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found it. Is this what you were referring?

Comment

Here is one of the few links I have followed, it is a maze to find what your looking for, as each thread has links to other threads, but few download links that are direct within reply and downloads. It's like they purposely make it an easter egg hunt.

I have an M8S pro-c mini which is one of the more limited boxes as it's boot loader is locked. I can flash some firmwares, but most all will remove the box's ethernet connectivity. Also some boot loaders need to be rewritten to the box to use the firmware, for remapping of the layout.

I can pull apart the few custom firmwares for my box, and the stock firmwares to learn the stratagem of layouts and replace components, using a few opensource AMLogic utilities and a China release system build suite. Just don't have an extra box to guinea pig with. I assume next year will be easy to find used and bricked boxes for sale, as L1 boxes will be the resurrection for these S912 boxes, and maybe better firmware like Oreo ATV.

For myself, the Kodi thing seems a bit lack lustered, to the point of being hyped up. To me just libreelec it and be done with Android. Though Kodi and it's various offshoots are too eclectic and fragmented in design like android apps.

Comment

any custom rom for magicsee iron plus?

Comment

Hello, I have a Tronsmart Vega S96 and I'm interested in testing this firmware! Can you tell me where to find the file Ugoos AM3_2.0.6_006, to download.
            Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X