Wifi disconnect issues on H96 pro+ 3/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi disconnect issues on H96 pro+ 3/16

Guys I've a H96pro + 3/16 with moherboard cz-s32-v6 and QCA9377 and I have a problem with my wifi that consistently disconnects while watching streams.
    I can replicate the issue at will this way:
    1) Open pocket plays (client to watch streams on twitch)
    2) start watching fullscreen (no chat, dunnno if it matters)

It will work for a bit and then disconnect, then it reconnects and after precisely 10 minutes it disconnects again and so on, after some disconnects pocketplays will just stop resume playing and from that moment I don't get any more disconnections.

I am on scv7 freshly installed, I had the same issue on stock also.

In the logcat I found nothing that seems to indicate an issue, but I'm new at this.
    I get this when it disconnects
    wpa_supplicant: wlan0: WPA: Group rekeying completed with e0:28:6d:router [GTK=TKIP]
    wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=e0:28:6d:router reason=3 locally_generated=1

I'm attaching the logcat in case someone is willing to help, I edited out my router's mac

Thanks
    Attached Files

When i'll be back in home I'll test it out with pocket play (can I find it in apkpure?).

Comment

Originally posted by majkool View Post
      When i'll be back in home I'll test it out with pocket play (can I find it in apkpure?).
      I downloaded it from the playstore but on apk pure there's the same versione, 1.6.8

Also, I don't know if it matters but while I watch a stream I don't interact with the box at all and I'm using it on a samsung tv that doesn't have hdmi-cec (disabled anyway in the box). To log the disconnects I've made a macro with Macrodroid that just prints "Disconnected <timestamp>" in a .txt when it disconnects.
      Download Pocket Plays for Twitch apk 1.6.8 and all version history for Android. Experience Twitch like never before.<br>Try Pocket Plays and you won't go back!

Comment

After widening my researches from android olny to linux I found the problem could be related to the group rekey timer of the router.
        Turns out my fritzbox 7490 has an hardcoded 10 minutes timer, I connected my old netgear dgn 2200 to it and I'm using it as an accesspoint for the box and I don't have any disconnections anymore.
        Still I haven't found a real solution, I'm not willing to have an accesspoint setup only for the box

Comment

Turns out that information is incorrect, I was able to extract some infos from a debug report from my router and the dhcp lease timeout is actually 10 days, the issue presented itself even with the netgear, I'm stuck

Comment

It may be coz of known issue with this Box that when using WiFi for long time WiFi connection slows down.
            As Twitch needs high speed connection, than it may disconnect You coz of to slow internet speeds.
            Would say to try with wired connection, but it may not be possible (and it won't show anything as there wouldn't be any rekeying).

Maybe router settings says days, but it's really minutes? Try to set 5 or less to check if it will happen often.
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

It's not twitch that disconnects me tho, the box itself drops the wifi connection every 10 minutes, and the reconnects. Now I'm trying to use a lower channel, without wifi N on 2.4G, it connects @54mbps up and down, and I get the disocnnects BUT it reconnects much faster and most often the stream won't hung.
              Still, it's not a solution.
              Sadly I can't change the dhcp renew timer.

Comment

For me it's working good no disconnects.

Comment

I figured I'm the only one, my box must be faulty. I'm waiting on a reply from the shop on aliexpress, he's taking his sweet time.

Comment

Working...
                  X