Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spent many hours researching - still none the wiser!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent many hours researching - still none the wiser!

Hi clever people!

I wonder if somebody can help me - I have an H96 Pro+ bought from Amazon a few months ago. I recently bought an air mouse with built-in microphone, but cannot for the life of me get it to do anything regarding voice control. Having Googled around I kept ending up here and finding ROMs that may or may not be supported, and even if they work they may or may not make any difference in respect of the microphone.

A bit of background about me - I have always had Android phones and I am no stranger to flashing custom ROMs. I even started before this with Windows Mobile which seems like a lifetime away now, but that's where my experimentation with custom firmwares began in around 2005. I have used android boxes for several years but never felt the need to reflash away from the stock firmware, until now.

My box is branded "Timmery", is 3GB/32GB and the board is green and shows (S32-V3). This is where I'm stuck... I can't work out whether Superceleron's ROMs would be compatible and I'm unable to find anything specifically mentions this number. I'm happy to take a chance on the microphone functionality if I can generate enough confidence in myself that I won't brick the device.

I read one of the threads that had Voice Control as an added feature, but I think it was a different variant of the box, but it gave me a slight bit of hope that there is a possibility somewhere.

I also keep seeing YouTube videos about the ability to add voice control to "any" Android TV box with the right remote - following these video guides, my box just tells me the microphone is either in use or "Google cannot be reached at the moment" when I attempt a voice search by clicking on the voice search button on screen (the microphone button on the remote doesn't invoke any kind of action for voice input)

Any words of advice or guidance would be massively appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Superceleron's roms are compatible with S32-Vx devices (2.2, 3, 5 and 6), so You should be able to use it (if there wasn't any more changes).

As for whatever it works or not I won't be help as I don't have remote with mic, looking for nice looking and cheap one, but didn't find any till now
    ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

I had a feeling you'd reply! Seen a lot of your responses to other people's queries... thanks for your help!

This is remote I bought...

I spent a lot of time looking into which one to go for. I really like the point and click functionality (like a Wii remote) - It's a really useful way to interact with Android on a TV screen. I read in the description that the microphone functionality will only work with voice searches that are native, such as Google Voice Search and YouTube (where you see the mic icon in the search bar). However, due to the nature of Google Assistant and having looked at several videos about using GA with this remote, it should work through out Android. Unfortunately I'm getting no functionality at all. Maybe it's just that this box's hardware doesn't support it, or maybe a firmware change might somehow enable it... Only one way to find out...

Comment

Hi ,

Superceleron is a good Dev. , if there any Questions or Problems with flashing

you can for sure ask in his FW Thread , to get help . Many Users are happy with

his great work , try and report ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by matmaneyre View Post
          I had a feeling you'd reply! Seen a lot of your responses to other people's queries... thanks for your help!

This is remote I bought...

I spent a lot of time looking into which one to go for. I really like the point and click functionality (like a Wii remote) - It's a really useful way to interact with Android on a TV screen. I read in the description that the microphone functionality will only work with voice searches that are native, such as Google Voice Search and YouTube (where you see the mic icon in the search bar). However, due to the nature of Google Assistant and having looked at several videos about using GA with this remote, it should work through out Android. Unfortunately I'm getting no functionality at all. Maybe it's just that this box's hardware doesn't support it, or maybe a firmware change might somehow enable it... Only one way to find out...
          I have several of those remotes with Voice, but they are hit and miss with the voice function. I have a lot of different remotes, even a webcam that sits on top of my TV and the mic works with most apps. BUT I have found a very nice VOICE remote for less than $8 USD. I liked it so much, I made a video of it....... It is not perfect, but does get the job done..... I ended up purchasing a second one for another Android box, in the back bedroom.

These Android boxes are now shipping with the Google Assistant that uses Voice Control. This inexpensive device does work to a limited extent. The RF contr...

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

clarkss12
            Would love to know if the camera works with H96 Pro+. Thought about getting one for Skype (now I'm using ASUS tablet).

Is there a list of cameras that work with Android (not TV)? Or is there anything I can have that indicates that webcam may work with Android?
            ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by ch3mn3y View Post
              clarkss12
              Would love to know if the camera works with H96 Pro+. Thought about getting one for Skype (now I'm using ASUS tablet).

Is there a list of cameras that work with Android (not TV)? Or is there anything I can have that indicates that webcam may work with Android?
              I just connected my Logitech C310 Webcam to my Mecool M8S Pro L (Amlogic S912), and the mic worked as soon as I connected it. Haven't tried Skype yet.

Edit: I gave up on trying to log into Skype (I never use it), so just downloaded a camera app and the video DOES work.... So, yes, these webcams work on Android out of the box.
              Last edited by clarkss12; 06-08-2018, 18:41.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks all for your input - I'll see if I can return the remote and try another one in case it's the remote a fault. On a side note, I don't have a USB A to USB A cable... can I flash via TWRP with a micro SD or should I order a cable and wait?

Comment

Originally posted by matmaneyre View Post
                  Thanks all for your input - I'll see if I can return the remote and try another one in case it's the remote a fault. On a side note, I don't have a USB A to USB A cable... can I flash via TWRP with a micro SD or should I order a cable and wait?
                  If you have a bunch of old USB cables laying around, make your own male to male USB cable, very easy and doesn't cost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12

If you have a bunch of old USB cables laying around, make your own male to male USB cable, very easy and doesn't cost anything.
                    Well I got home from work this evening and did just that... Not very optimistic considering the first photo, but it worked! I'm now running SCV4A-ATV (2nd pic).

Thank you all!!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job. Just put some tape on the wires and you are good to go. You will find that you will use that cable a lot...... Looks like you tinned those wires with solder??

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12
                        Good job. Just put some tape on the wires and you are good to go. You will find that you will use that cable a lot...... Looks like you tinned those wires with solder??
                        I actually haven't... I wanted to see if it would work first before "wasting" too much time on it, and I actually just went ahead and completed the flash having just twisted them together. I'll crack out the soldering iron now though and make it more permanent for future use.

Comment

Also on another plus point, Google assistant works with my remote and built in microphone. It's a 2 button operation, so I have to hit "Search" first on the remote, wait for the beep, and then hold the mic button when talking, but it works pretty well. Kinda wish holding the mic button and saying "OK Google" or "Hey Google" would trigger it, but I can live with it. It confuses my phone every time I try it anyway

Comment

Working...
                          X