Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I flashed the SCV4 ROM to my H96 Pro plus 2G/16G, and bricked it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flashed the SCV4 ROM to my H96 Pro plus 2G/16G, and bricked it.

Yes, it is for 3G ram, but I though it would work. Maybe it is the LibreELEC dual boot changed the bootloader.
    The short pin trick works, and I am going to flash it back to stock.
    If it is recovered, I will try to [s]brick[/s] flash it again to confirm that the ROM dose not work with 2G RAM version.

It is not recovered. I can flash it sucessfully, and it just won't boot.
    The box is dead.
    Maybe I could find a 2G-RAM-stock ROM to bring it back, but not likely.
    All ROM I could find is for 3G-RAM version.

Comment

Ask seller for firmware. They may have an image for Your Box.
      ALFAWISE H96 Pro+ 3/32 (S32-V6) | 7.1.2 | SCV7A | OC kernel | TWRP 3.1.1-0 | 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by huangda1982 View Post
        Yes, it is for 3G ram, but I though it would work. Maybe it is the LibreELEC dual boot changed the bootloader.
        The short pin trick works, and I am going to flash it back to stock.
        If it is recovered, I will try to [s]brick[/s] flash it again to confirm that the ROM dose not work with 2G RAM version.
        This is what I did after maybe a month off and on trying everything in the book!

In this guide we show you how to use burn card maker to make a bootable SD card to reinstall android firmware onto your Amlogic Android TV device. This tutor...

Comment

Not working. I have tried the short pin thing. The tool reported that everything was good, but it just dont work. Nothing shows on TV.
          Even, I purchased another one, 3G/32G Alfawise branded, green board one. And again, dead like the former one.
          I could flash it with the short pin way as many times as I want, but it just doesnt work.
          I have two dead boxes now. HAIL ME!

Comment

Were you shorting the pins while connected to tv by hdmi cable - this from my explanation - (I had the power in, the reset button activated, and of course the HDMI plugged in when I was routing around for the correct pin combo)(I was not looking at the screen because those tiny pins required my attention but the sound caused me to look up at the screen). As soon as I saw the little robot I pulled the paper clip from the box and let it run on it's own to completion. A check mark came on the little robot and I pulled the power and put it back in and it took off with that H96 Pro + splash screen and finished the set up.) - end of explanation excerpt. I now use this rom and so far I like it (I can't get that Poison rom to work so far with my 9377 wifi) - aml_7.1.2_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_mac-20180409_shmod-k4.img using sdcard setup. I can't think what else to say. I know you have tried everything in the book (I certainly did) - shortening the pins was the only thing that worked for me. Good luck - don't get that model again - and let me know if I can TRY to answer something else. John

Comment

Working...
            X