PMID4311 Hardware Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID4311 Hardware Issue

I've got a problem with my PMID4311, and this one's a doozy. I don't expect a miracle, but if anyone can help, here it is:

About two weeks ago the tablet's battery stopped charging. I opened up the casing and found no obvious signs of hardware damage (blown capacitor, etc.), so I put the case back on. When I started it up, the battery started charging again. Then about a day later, I tried to launch Transformers Legends and got a message that says "SD card currently in use; please disconnect or disable mass storage mode." This message appears whether or not I'm hooked up to USB. Also, the computer no longer seems to recognize the tablet when I hook it up; either nothing happens or I get a message saying that the hardware didn't install correctly.(it still charges the battery, though.) This is unusual, as the tablet has already been recognized before (the drivers were installed when I flashed the CM10 ROM). On top of that, when I go to "Settings," there's usually categories for "internal memory," another for "internal memory," and one for (external) "SD card." But now, there's nothing under the second "internal memory" banner. What's worse, every time I insert an SD card, I get a message that says "SD Card is damaged; try reformatting." But when I push the button to reformat, I get the same "SD Card is damaged" message. Strangely, I can still flash recoveries and install ZIP files from the SD card while in Recovery Mode. Sometimes I can even play music and view photos from it.

So, to recap:

-"SD Card currently in use" message when I try to launch a game.
    -computer doesn't recognize tablet. (or SD Card if it's installed)
    -tablet does not recognize second internal memory partition. (?)
    -get "SD Card is damaged; try reformatting" message when inserting SD Card, but card does not reformat.

If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. All signs seem to point to a serious hardware problem, so if you guys think it's just busted, at least I won't have to continue trying to fix it. Android is a great OS, but it sure is frustrating trying to deal with unfamiliar hardware issues.

Thanks in advance!
    Motorola Droid 2 (Global)
    0%
    Motorola Droid X
    0%
    other (must be less then $100 and work on Verizon network)
    0%

Maybe retry flashing the CM10 ROM (or mine, or the stock ROM) to see if the problems persist...

Originally posted by Hoverbored1234 View Post
    I've got a problem with my PMID4311, and this one's a doozy. I don't expect a miracle, but if anyone can help, here it is:

About two weeks ago the tablet's battery stopped charging. I opened up the casing and found no obvious signs of hardware damage (blown capacitor, etc.), so I put the case back on. When I started it up, the battery started charging again. Then about a day later, I tried to launch Transformers Legends and got a message that says "SD card currently in use; please disconnect or disable mass storage mode." This message appears whether or not I'm hooked up to USB. Also, the computer no longer seems to recognize the tablet when I hook it up; either nothing happens or I get a message saying that the hardware didn't install correctly.(it still charges the battery, though.) This is unusual, as the tablet has already been recognized before (the drivers were installed when I flashed the CM10 ROM). On top of that, when I go to "Settings," there's usually categories for "internal memory," another for "internal memory," and one for (external) "SD card." But now, there's nothing under the second "internal memory" banner. What's worse, every time I insert an SD card, I get a message that says "SD Card is damaged; try reformatting." But when I push the button to reformat, I get the same "SD Card is damaged" message. Strangely, I can still flash recoveries and install ZIP files from the SD card while in Recovery Mode. Sometimes I can even play music and view photos from it.

So, to recap:

-"SD Card currently in use" message when I try to launch a game.
    -computer doesn't recognize tablet. (or SD Card if it's installed)
    -tablet does not recognize second internal memory partition. (?)
    -get "SD Card is damaged; try reformatting" message when inserting SD Card, but card does not reformat.

If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. All signs seem to point to a serious hardware problem, so if you guys think it's just busted, at least I won't have to continue trying to fix it. Android is a great OS, but it sure is frustrating trying to deal with unfamiliar hardware issues.

Thanks in advance!
    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Okay, I think I've got an idea what the problem is: if I can access data on SD cards but I keep getting the error message, the message must refer to the internal SD card on the tablet itself. Many apps require permission to access the SD card, so if the internal memory is read as an SD card and the memory is damaged, that would explain the app failures and everything! Any idea what to do?

Comment

well you could reflash to see if that fixes or you could swap the internal/external sd cards (or take out the entry entirely??). there's threads here and on xda (I think......) to do this
        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
        X