sd card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sd card issue

i have a similar issue to what lohtse in this thread (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...hlight=sd+card) had.

so i followed the instructions on dl'ing terminal emulator and checking to see if the sd card was RO, but mine says it's RW.
    however there are 4 other things that say that they have errors

/dev/block/vold/31:9 /mnt/storage vfat rw theres a lot of stuff after this and at the end it says errors-ro 0 0

the next is

/dev/block/vold/31:9 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw again alot more stuff after but at the end it says errors=remount-ro 0 0

next is

/dev/block/dm-3 /mnt/asec/com.glu.android.zombsniper-2 vfat ro again a lot oof stuff till the end then
    errors=remount-ro 0 0

the last is

/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt storage/sdcard vfat rw and then a lot of stuff till the end... errors=remount-ro 0 0

plz help

if you need all the stuff that i didn't put in let me know

the main problem is that i cant download delete or move any files such as music pics or vids on my tab, i can however install aps from the market(googleplay) and delete aps that's about it,

i have found that by removing my ext sd card that i can dl files from the net and delete them from my tab.
    however if my ext sdcard is in and mounted that i cant do anything with my files
    unless i connect my tab to my computer

The RO at the end means that if the system sees the file system has errors then mount it as RO.

Take the sd card out and plug it into a PC. On the PC right click on the drive and select properties then tools. Run the error checking on it and let if auto fix anything. If it finds errors it will tell you and then on the SDcard it will make a folder like FOUND.000 or something like that. Delete that folder. Also delete the lost.found folder if there is one. insert the card and see if you can write to it.

Last thing. can you file browse the sdcard? with the file manager? It needs to be formatted as FAT32 in windows. Anything else and you wont be able to even browse it.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

that seems to have done the trick for sorting out the issue of managing my files. thx finless

i thought i'd use terminal emu, just to check to see if the errors were still there and terminal emu says that there are still 4 errors, should i be worried about them or not?

i just tryd updateing the binarys on SU and it failed to do so and i got a pop up on the screen saying "this updater cannot update the su binary on phones that have some kind of write protection on the a sytem partition like s-on. you can continue to use superuser with youre outdated binary, or update su with rom manager"

Comment

It shoudl update. It does on mine. However, the superuser I am using is more for tablets. The updated one is all scrunched up for a phone. Looks ugly. Honeslty in testing them both I do not think the update is needed.

As to why you get that error.,,,, You got me. Seems possibly something has remounted /system as RO. Maybe a app you used? ROM manager and SDMaid can jack up your file permissions if you are not careful! So if you used them, reflash time!

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...