Repair T9 wifi Ant solder places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair T9 wifi Ant solder places

After being dropped from a bunk the black wire leading to (the now lost metallic tape marked t9 wifi GPS ant) broke, there is no wifi signal, I seem to be 9verlooking the write places to resolder it tback too I thought outer trace and camera corner edging.. but now I'm thinking hmm black lettered tape important to plz help , someone has photo of exemplary wifi antnn in mtk archive http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?i...0&d=1434460057
    plz find problem unit pic attached as well, can I use resolder and even some 4g antanne tape to revive more needed wifi on much reviled older tablet
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by andreuu; 06-19-2018, 14:42.

Beloved older tablet, black loose wifi wire is lost connections, but where ty

Comment

Looks like a broken ground plane. The tape probably stuck to the ground plane on the main board. Looks like a wee round unmasked area to solder a jumper wire from to your antenna ground shielding wire. Not sure about the antenna connection from wifi chip, as it looks to be hidden behind the main board. Since the ground wire looks broken, it is possible the antenna wire is shorted or broken too close to the wifi connection end. Mini coax like that is difficult to solder when soldering the ground connection. Use a wee alligator clip at the shielding around the insulator. If you get the shielding too hot, it will melt through and short out your signal wire.

Comment

thanks im getting four bars so ill just wait till , mmm i noticed Devilz-Wolit of Xnet fame suggests doing a hardware mod that replaces both the antennas so im half way there anyway... though im so buying wee alligator clips they have a million uses and im a terrorbad with soldergun

oh he also suggests looking to see if the thermal transfer under the plate on top of gpu cpu etc is removed , im 100% sure mine is if his was because it locks up , and looks suspicously like an overclock lock.... and if mine is too I suspect that the entire production run was done without that step , so its keeping te heat in not out

Comment

You can make your antenna worse with alligator clips. The connection must be shielded, else your making the antenna degrade, like extending it's length beyond the operating frequency range.

Comment

Working...
          X